Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunter shot.....

Ogz

Life Member
Just got a phone call from home. A good friend of mine got shot in the chest today while doing a drive through standing corn. He's alive and in the hospital. The word from the hospital is that the bullet struck his zipper-pull and was slowed enough to not kill him on the spot. Just a reminder to everyone to be safe out there!!

Dang! I dread these posts but we'll keep this gentlemen in our prayers that he will survive. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I saw in the paper this morning that there were 4 reported hunting accidents so far, including the one you mentioned, Ogz. Three of those four were thought to be ricochets. And from stories I hear from hunters, there are a whole lot more close calls where the hunters hear lead flying right by them. Sheesh guys, be careful.

news said 3 hunting accindents sround iowa so far, no deaths. hopefully the rest of the season can go accident free

A buddy of mine had a slug drill a tree 10 yards from him on Saturday. The shot came from the next farm over. That's the scary part, your group can take all the precautions but the neighbors have no idea you are there. No thanks.

I hope your friend is going to be ok Mark.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: breiner11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> No thanks.

</div></div>

Ditto.

Top Bottom