Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Accident-Firearm

blake

Life Member
MAN HURT IN HUNTING ACCIDENT

http://kmaland.com/wire/newsmedia/09282_IOWA_DNR_LOGO.jpgThe Iowa Department of Natural Resources reports a 23-year-old Kellerton man was injured Saturday afternoon in a hunting accident.

Cameron Collier was sitting in a vehicle with his half brother Nathan Weeda of Mount Ayr while hunting with others for coyotes. The two were waiting in a truck while dogs searched for coyotes when Collier was examining his 40 caliber handgun. It accidentally went off and struck Collier in the left forearm.

Weeda drove Collier to the Ringgold County Hospital in Mount Ayr where he was examined and transferred to a Des Moines hospital where he is now being treated.

The DNR reports both Collier and Weeda had the proper permits to carry handguns and no citation was issued.

They should of been cited for a loaded gun in a vehicle and no case. I wonder why they were using a handgun for coyotes. That does not seem real practical.

these guys are from my general area, and its no shock something like this happened, how we made it through gun season without any is beyond me.

The 20+ years I hunted Ringgold County, seemed to me that the law was you did not need to case a gun or have it un-loaded in a vehicle. Made it easier to shoot out of the window of the truck that way.

If you have a carry permit you can have any loaded gun in a vehicle.

This may need to change while hunting:confused:

Last edited:
I really don't consider this a "hunting accident". I also fail to see why this is considered news....

The 20+ years I hunted Ringgold County, seemed to me that the law was you did not need to case a gun or have it un-loaded in a vehicle. Made it easier to shoot out of the window of the truck that way.
haha isn't that the truth.. makes it tough for the people who try to hunt legit down there

The word hunt in Ringgold county means shoot out the window while yelling on your CB which way the deer or coyote are moving . Wonder more people are not shot.

The section I hunted, all you heard was trucks running up and down the gravel. I would just wait for the idiots to push the deer my way. All this would happen on the road of the guy that maintained the the parks for the county lived on. I always thought he may do something, but I think he did not want to get involved.

Last edited:
Thats pretty much what it is where we are too, its absolutely ridiculous they need an army of Co's here.. I watched five different guys drive along side our fence line sunday night right at dusk looking to shoot something.. its pretty sad these fat lazy turds can't get out of their trucks and hunt instead of sitting at the bar until 5 then go drive around

Top Bottom