Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HUNTING AREA

HUSKERBUCK

PMA Member
I was playing around the other day and downloaded this. This is a picture of our main hunting area. I downloaded this from www.terraserver-usa.com . I thought it would be kinda neat to see some of the areas that the people on this site hunt. The yellow dots are stands that we have in place. The red is major bedding areas. The light spot on the the left hand side is a 1.5 acre patch of switchgrass that the farmer planted. The entire 1/2 section has a 30 foot buffer strip of switchgrass around the field edges. One of my hunting partners is big in Phesants Forever and he was able to get some cost share money for him to plant the switchgrass. The farmer also got most of the rest paid for through a government consevation prograram. We are very luck to be able to hunt this property. All that he takes is some jerky and a thank-you. Hope some of you try this. I would like to see your hunting areas. It took me a while to figure it out. I had to put the picture in my paintbrush program to finally get the picture downsized enough to post it. Give it a try. Thanks for letting me ramble on.

HUSKERBUCK

Attachments

• 31841-download.jpg
    31841-download.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 7
Looks good. It appears that you allways have a stand to hunt no matter the wind direction. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to post a pic also. Thanks for sharing.

here is our little hotspot in the suburbs, i got to quite posting lets see some others,

Attachments

• 31849-adams.jpg
    31849-adams.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 8
Nice pictures LIV4RUT. Lotsa trees in your pictures. One thing that I forgot to mention was that I live in an area that is VERY INTENSIVLY agriculture. That is good for my paycheck but not for hunting. If you go north or south of the creek in my picture you will find absolutly NO ground to hunt for 15 to 20 miles in either direction. It is flat as a board and NO trees. In my area if you can put a irrigation pivot on a quarter section they have bulldozed all the trees and put up a pivot. A guy like me would go nuts in areas that you show as I dont have the foggyest idea what hunting big areas of heavy cover is like.

HUSKERBUCK

Top Bottom