Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Colorado

Shredder

Life Member
I can't seem to find it in the regs but is it LEGAL or ILLEGAL to use expandable broadheads for elk in Colorado. I am having issues with the fixed blades and my Tekans are flying straight as the field points. I only have 2 weeks before I head out so I need to figure it out quick or I will be packing the Longbow for the elk hunt. Thanks in advance

They are legal. I have two friends up there that hunt elk with them every year and they are both sticklers for the regs. One of my buddies is switching from them to fixed blade because he lost an elk last year, in part due to poor functioning of the mechanicals.

Ryan, they are legal as long as you have 7/8" MINIMUM exposed surface and they are in the same plane (IE COC).

What problems are you having with your heads and which heads? I have some slick trick standards that are great heads I can send you. They can mask a minor tune issue that you may not have time to iron out this week but is it an impact issue, porpoising etc?

I bought the slick tricks and they are hitting to the left of my field points. I have moved my rest and had the same results. I just need to increase the tip weight and I think they would be fine. Anyone have 125 grain Slick tricks...6 of them they would want to swap? I have only shot the one head so far. I'd rather use a fixed blade but kind of pressed for time.... Thanks for the replies guys

Ryan-yes-I shoot the 125 standards and mags. PM me your addy and ill send them tonight. Should have them by Saturday. Good luck on your hunt!

Top Bottom