Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting in Iowa

deergut

Hello my name is derrick and live in Wisconsin. I go to school in LaCrosse WI. I am an absolutely a deer hunting freak and i am getting totally fed up with Wisconsin. I cannot stand the rules from county to county zone to zone. So what i am doing is asking some of you Iowa hunters to please give me some information on where i can go to hunt in Iowa after i have drawn a tag. I do not want to go through an outfitter for i would rather do the scouting, hanging stands and everything else that goes with it myself. Thank you for your help, Derrick

Derrick,
There is a great amount of public land up in the NE corner of Iowa. No need to go through an outfitter.

do what limb chicken said.... also get an iowa sportsman atlas.it shows all the public land in the state. thats what i did when i first moved to iowa. just start picking places and go scout them and im sure people on this site will help you out the best they can.

thank you shackdaddy. Could you possibly tell me how to get an atlas? I would really appreciate the help!

could you possibly give me a location jjohnson.. you can pm if you would like! i really appreciate all of the help...

Top Bottom