Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting in the rain

Absolutely. Just so it's not a hard driving rain the deer should be up and about. You also can sneak to your stand a lot quieter.

it was drizzling this morning while i was out and i was surrounded by deer--most activity yet this year, took a doe and planning to head out again this evening

I'm a huge fan of being in the stand while its raining... light rain, not heavy. And I'm a firm believer that you should sit a good hour or more after it quits... and try to be around a scrape;)

It was raining pretty steady on me this AM in southern Iowa and I had more deer around me at first light than I have in a long time. If its just drizzling-
Get out there!!!

Shot a doe this morning in the rain...It wasn't real bad...didn't go out this evening with it raining sideways...lots of movement..but mature bucks are moving under dark yet according to the trail cameras..

Love hunting drizzle or light rain or especially as soon as heavy rain stops! They will be on their feet. Just 15 minutes ago (in Pa) and a half hour after the rain stopped I looked out the kitchen window while answering a call from a project manager and there were two buck strolling by. I hurried for the bow and nocked an arrow while still on the phone and closed in, a few minutes too late, they were out of range till I got off the phone. Dang managers!

I went out Sunday Evening and had deer moving at 3. I saw over 30 deer and one really nice buck. It was drizzling off and on but I noticed when it would get to be little heavier the fields would clear of deer and the turkeys would come out and when it stopped all the deer would come back out with a few more friends with them. I don't plan on hunting much more until later in the month unless we get another good cold front like this one.

Top Bottom