Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Land?

1shot1kill

I've got a couple of friends that have hunted SE Iowa before,they told me that the hunting was second to none,and so were the people.They said gaining permission to some awesome areas was as easy as asking.Down here in ga. some folks will get downright offended if you ask them for permission to hunt.I'd say if I asked 25 folks to hunt I get 1 maybe.I've always wanted to go to iowa and try my hand at killing one of those cornfed giants,but never had even an inkling that i could gain access to some land.If any of you guys could offer any pointers or leads iwould greatly appreciate it!Thanks guys,Great site!

I live in southwest ia, but generally anywere in the state people are kind and gererous enough to allow you to hunt there land, a lot of times I even offer some meat whether it be pheasant or dear in thanks for letting me use there land.

We have had a real good relationship through the years with landowners in general. They have been very gracious. Most folks around here that grew up in the country have enough common sense to understand the value of game management and hunting to them is normal.

This works well as long as we do not take our hunting too serious.

Do your homework. Get plat maps of an area and don't be afraid to just ask for permission.

1shot,
I am not going to promise you anything but I would say you have a good chance at gaining access to ground here in Iowa somewhere. The public ground is limited but it has just as many good bucks on it as the private. A lot of folks think they need private ground to shoot a great buck and that is just not the case. I have seen some of the bigger deer I have ever seen on public ground... Good Luck getting a tag... There are also other non-residents that visit this site that may be a bigger help for you as far as areas to hunt. I only have a couple of places that carry a few small basket racks...
grin.gif
grin.gif

In this part of South east Iowa, it is all leased up by outfitters and bought up by NRs with big $. Good luck finding any hunting ground here. The only way you can hunt here is if you pay, just like in Georgia.

Top Bottom