Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting on top of each other!

splitg1

As a long time bow hunter I seen something yesterday that was ridiculous. My friend lives in Nebraska, and as some of you may know, public hunting areas are scarce in the Omaha area. Well, we went to the Desoto Refuge on the Nebraska side, and we saw some of the worst sportmanship known to man. I kid you not, there was a stand every forty yards. And we walked over a mile! 28 stands in all, with the biggest gap between any one hunter being approx.100 yards. On the farthest side of the refuge! Good job Nebraska, not only is this a safety issue, but it's unethical under our codes of being a bow hunter. Anyone that would hunt under those conditions, isn't a real bow hunter anyway! Hey weekend warrior, do me a favor-1.Try not to kill the guy walking in or leaving during low light hours. And 2.Stay on your side of the river!!!!!!!

Didn't quite realize that hunting public ground was that bad. What happens when that happens on private ground? It happened to me. A friend of the landowner put up a stand less than 40 yards from my stand. The little ditch I hunt in is only 50 or 60 yards wide! I talked to the landowner, he didn't care. His drinking buddy was just that and I am just a casual aquaintence. I knew there was another person (this is a third person) hunting the same area but their stand is 1\4 mile away. To my suprise one morning there was a truck parked in MY parking place (I figured it was the "other guy", not a problem) WRONG! When I got to my stand somebody was whistling at me waving their arms, I was so pissed I just turned around and stomped out. I think I could have handled it if he would have talked to me. I think everybody deserves to have a place to hunt, but COME ON!!!!!!!! What do I do?

Top Bottom