Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Plot

risto2351

Landowner took out some of his CRP this year so my turnip plot was put into corn which is not to bad of a trade off. The clover stayed which I showed in the clover post.

I decided to find a place more in the woods for a hunting plot with a couple of bottle necks to it. Hopefully they will be ready to plant by the end of July.

Here is the start of the area. I put RU on it a couple of weeks ago and will hit it again. On the other side of the fence is the clover plot that I posted in the clover post.

DSC03582.jpg

Here is a look at it from a distance and you can see a funnel into it. I had the area mowed in this picture and will RU later.

DSC03586.jpg

Here is my main plot behind me that will feed it. I will plant at the end of July with the rest of the area.

DSC03583.jpg

This is the middle area mowed we are standing in the main funnel now. Up ahead to the right is the last smaller plot and another small funnel in.

DSC03587.jpg

We are in the last funnel looking at the last small plot.

DSC03588.jpg

I am pretty excited about this area because this should be a great yarding area before dark. They then will jump the fence to feed on the clover and the corn at dark. If they make it that far. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Know what I might plant but would like to see what you would do?

looks pretty dang promising, Tony!

so when you takin me???
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks pretty dang promising, Tony!

so when you takin me???
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

Soon as you quit being so stubborn. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would like to see what you would do? </div></div>

Shoot some deer!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I don't think you can go wrong with any fall plots of brassicas or cereal grains if you already have clover and corn near by.

I like the way you are preparing the plots early by getting the grass killed ahead of time.

Nice work! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I think that I would try something like Buck Forage oats. We plant that here around the middle of September. Good looking plot, keep us posted on the progress. Kill a biggun'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Soon as you quit being so stubborn. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

still sore about that, huh?
maybe you shouldnt be so dang stubborn and let it go!
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would like to see what you would do? </div></div>

Shoot some deer!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I don't think you can go wrong with any fall plots of brassicas or cereal grains if you already have clover and corn near by.

I like the way you are preparing the plots early by getting the grass killed ahead of time.

Nice work! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

10/4 DBl.
I have learned from the best here on IW and mainly you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Only thing I am kinda sore about is that I did not have enough time to get anything into my main big plot like buckwheat or something. Just could not fit it into the schedule.

As far as shooting some deer I hope I can hit them better than I did with my turkeys bowhunting. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Soon as you quit being so stubborn. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

still sore about that, huh?
maybe you shouldnt be so dang stubborn and let it go!
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

Trust me buddy I let it go a long time ago.
I am too old to hold grudges.
Let me know when you want to come up.
After I pull my disks we will see what we have to
look forward to. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom