Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

hunting the does?

G

I've been doing some scouting the last while and I'm seeing alot of deer in the traditional feeding areas. One alfalfa field held 40 deer the other night, all does. The timber adjacent to these does hold an unbelievable amount of rubs from last year and I found some very impressive sheds on the alfalfa in Feb. Are those bucks hanging out back in the timber near the edge until dark or do they have an entirely different core area. I'd like to set up back in the woods along a main trail during the Oct. muzzleloader season. Is it worth my time even though I've yet to see a buck out there. I'm somewhat positive they're around. Will the be near those does as the rut starts to approach?

does always seem to have the better feeding areas this time of the year,helps with the little ones.The bucks will be together for a couple more weeks before they start to split up and move to their home grounds.Early season the big buck are more of loners and you may find them in the sidelines till the pre rut.
GOOD LUCK AND SEND A PIC

Another thing. I'd be cautious about setting up on one of the major trails. With that many does feeding in the area, it's likely the heavy trails receives mostly doe traffic. Just be sure of what's using it.

Top Bottom