Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting the warm weather

socker1485

Are any of you guys going to be hunting this afternoon. Here in eastern Iowa it is supposed to be in the high 60's. It is November 10 and I want to be in a tree just not sure it is even worth it with the high temps. Thoughts?

Sitting a fence edge next to clover tonight. Passed a PIG 7 this morning about 9:30 am at 10 steps. Big bodied bubba but really poor headgear. This tract has my #1 of 3 targets and I had a close call with him on Tuesday so the 7 got a free pass at full draw. Just couldn't squeeze it off on him.

I am gonna hit the stand later than normal today but will get the last 90 minutes in none the less. Another idea to consider for today would be a water source. Bucks might be getting a drink after a long day on foot.

Yeah I was thinking of not going out til 3:30 or so and picking a stand close to where I park so I dont get all sweated up walking in

Been out since 540 this AM. Saw a couple small bucks and at least 2 different doe/fawn groups. Not a thing since 10am. Afternoon sits haven't been very productive for me this week, so I don't really have high hopes for the next 3.5 hrs, especially given the warm temps.

Been out since 540 this AM. Saw a couple small bucks and at least 2 different doe/fawn groups. Not a thing since 10am. Afternoon sits haven't been very productive for me this week, so I don't really have high hopes for the next 3.5 hrs, especially given the warm temps.

Deer were bedding down by 9:30am near me. But the afternoon over here is calling for thunderstorms. The morning should be good w/ a high of 35.

It was warm here in se Iowa this morning...actually saw quite a few bucks cruising....arrowed one at 930 cruising through the timber! Pics and story to come.

Top Bottom