Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Today? windy and cold

Nontypcl1

What do you all think? Will deer be moving this afternoon with the cold temps or will the high winds keep them bedded down? I'm still trying to decide if it will be worth it to make the hour drive down to the farm.

Thoughts?

I'm waiting until tomorrow. 30 mph winds, 9 degree temps, and bucks already dropping antlers...I think I'll watch the Rose Bowl instead. If I had a nice warm box blind I'd consider it. Next year I'll have a couple up.

Saw the most deer tonight since late muzzy opened and hello to the first shooter buck sighted just not close enough. Cold and windy makes great hunting bundle up and get out of the wind and that where the deer will be.

piles of deer moving tonight... my feet are still numb.... :(

headed back out in the AM

Sounds like some of you did much better than I. Yesterday was probably the worst day I had on stand this season. My new HBS kept me nice and warm but the only deer I saw were a 1/2 mile away on another property. Seems like since the snow melted my sightings have gone way down.

Even with the wind, I saw good deer movement starting about an 1/2 hour before sunset. It was cold and windy, but I dressed for it and was able to stay out there for the duration.

IMO, the dramatic temp drop moved them even though the wind was strong. They ran to food and put their heads down and started chowing.

Top Bottom