Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

hunting turkeys w/ muzzleloader

J

jdavis

i just purchased a tk2000 knght muzzleloader shotgun for turkey season. anyone have one, how do you like it, and what size shot do you use? they gave me #4, #5, #6 shot when i bought it. i'll try a combo when it's time to pattern. thanks

I have used 4, 5 and 6 in mine and have came to the conclusion is dosent really matter. I have went with #5 however.
This gun knocks them down HARD!!!!!

Also,
Id suggust wearing a heavy sweatshirt when target practicing....
grin.gif

Vman, What do you use for a load in it? Do you use a plastic cup or fiber wads with over powder and shot cards? Charge? Since nobody wants to buy mine I might as well shoot it.

I've got one and shoot 110 grains of loose powder with a wad cup full of #5 Red Hot shot. My ignition system still requires the #11 cap, and therefore requires loose powder. I understand that there's a conversion kit to shoot a 209 primer and then a person could use pellets I imagine. I patterned 4's, 5's and 6's and all were good at less than 30 yards, but only the 5's gave a decent pattern at 35-40 yards. I've shot 2 toms with mine and it really does a number on them, but also kicks like a mule. I've still got a great desire to shoot a pheasant with it, but haven't tried that trick yet. Maybe next year.

NWBuck

thanks for the info. i cant' wait to get a chance at a big tom. i would also like to try ducks, pheasant,ect. maybe a coyote.good luck.

Top Bottom