Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I cant believe my wife is ........................

stuffy

............shooting a bow !!! I threw a bow in the car last Friday, it was one, my kids used at one time. After work, my wife and I went to the local sporting goods store. Asked the guy at the hunting counter, to see if this could be made to fit........ my wife. Received a surprised look from my wife (she thought I had my bow) Anyway, got her all set up, had her shooting pretty good.
On Sunday afternoon, there we were in the backyard shooting some more. She was actually getting frustrated that some shots were not in the kill zone !!
Here we have been married for almost 22 years, and now she is showing some interest. It could be,that we will experiencing the "empty nest syndrome" next year.
So guys, this just goes to show, anything can happen. Just might take some time. I actually took some photo's for verification.
smile.gif

Now Kat, how do I get her,to "kill a deer"
She has been around a lot of dead animals, with my taxidermy work. When I told her we can ground hunt this fall, she says, "You're crazy, if you think Im gonna kill something",
confused.gif
confused.gif

That might take another 22 years of Blessed Holy Matrimony !!
grin.gif

That is very cool Stuffy. My wife also shoots archery with me, but claims that she doesn't have time. I am surprising her and buying her a new bow for our anniversary, in hopes that this will our three boys a little more interested in archery. As far as getting her to kill a deer...man, I wish I had that answer. My wife is not even interested in taking that step yet. Any help for Stuffy or myself, please let us in a the secret. Kat? We are waiting...lol.

stuffy,
That is great, my wife wants to start shooting with me too, She said that way we can spend sometime together
confused.gif
I'm actually excited I think it would be neat, she is the same way as of now she said she would never kill a deer but would like to just target practice. Thats cool with me.
waytogo.gif

Re: I cant believe my wife is ....................

Woo Hoo! Good for you stuffy! You ask how you get her to ‘kill a deer?’ My advice would be to get her hooked on shooting, which it sounds like is already happening. Then just take her hunting with you. Tell her she doesn’t have to shoot anything, you just want her to experience what its like to BE hunting. The actual ‘kill’ part is only a small part of the experience itself as we all know. I’ll bet once she experiences the rush of a deer walking around only a few yards from her she’ll want to go out more, and then the rest should take care of itself. And if she still doesn’t want to eventually shoot a deer, at least she tried something new, and she should develop a greater love of the outdoors and a greater understanding and appreciation for you as a hunter as well.
smile.gif

Also, if you get her out hunting with you, point out deer tracks, trails, rubs and scrapes so she can get a feel for what’s going on there even if she doesn’t see deer. Good luck to both of you!
waytogo.gif

Stuffy we have more in common than I thought. After 20 plus years of marrage my wife took her first game last spring. I believe the fact that our only daughter moved out the fall of 03 had something to do with it. Now she needs to hang with the boys in the house.

Kat you sound like a counselor, a good one.

Kat just out of curiosity, what poundage is your bow at?? (not being judgemental at all!!!) I really think it would be cool if my mom shot. i have three brothers and we all shoot with my dad and it would be really cool to set up my mom too. She likes shooting she shoots an old recurve we have sometimes. But i dont think she would ever hunt. It all sounds cool to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Kat you sound like a counselor, a good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes we all need a 'Chat with Kat'...
30577-rotflmao1.gif

hmmm...sounds like a radio call in advise show...
grin.gif

Gundog870, I've hunted with my bow set anywhere between 35 and 50 lbs. The average is 45.
smile.gif

Radio no no no. We'll put you on right before Dr Phill.

Thanks Kat! I know one thing, I will not pressure her on anything. Just to get her to wear some camo will be a big accomplishment! "Okay honey, take a shower, use this no-scent soap, sorry no perfume,no make-up,put on your camo, and lets head to the woods!"
crazy.gif

If that scenerio happens, I'll be sure to let you folks know.
So Ironwood, how is life in the empty nest?

Hey Stuffy, maybe her first kill could be in 'Self Defense' with the proper scent application =)

"Chat with Kat".......I love it

Top Bottom