Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I don't think I could take this walk.

Wow that's too intense for me to even think about. Makes sitting over 20' up a tree on a 2' square platform on a windy day seem so simple. I have to wonder how the heck they wheeled all the concrete up there in 1901! And I thought pouring a sidewalk in front of the house was a big accomplishment, geeeesh!

El Caminito del Rey (The King's pathway) is a walkway, now fallen into disrepair, pinned along the steep walls of a narrow gorge in El Chorro, near Álora in Málaga , Spain . The walkway has gone many years without maintenance, and is in a highly deteriorated and dangerous state. It is only one meter in width, and over a 700-meter fall, and over time it has also lost its handrail. Some parts of the walkway have completely collapsed and have been replaced by a beam and a metallic wire on the wall. Many people have lost their lives on the walkway in recent years. After four people died in two accidents in 1999 and 2000, the local government closed the entrances. However, adventurous tourists still find their way into the walkway.

That makes my knees shake just watching that. Only way id do it is if i had a parachute strapped to my back. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Alright, Im game... Anybody wanna buy me the plane ticket and lead the way. I was thinking that would be kinda fun until the part where all the concrete was gone and guy was walking on just a steel beam, that would probably be the end of my walk.

Can any body say, cliff jumping?

Dean

H9ow can you find out the song that is playing during the video. My son wants me to get it off Itunes.

not for this fat kid!

i wanna know how they got that walk way built in the first place?!?!?!?!

Building the walkway had to be an amazing job, that long ago... WOW, think about mixing and hauling that cement, putting up forms.

As for the walkway, im game. Heights don't scare me. Ex Paratrooper here. Lets grab our chutes and go base jumping!! 700 meters, PERFECT!! Heck we could tie a static line somewhere and it might be like jumping out of a C130... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Oh common...man up /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif get me a climbing harness and a carabiner and i'd go. Looks very scenic to me /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom