Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I finally found a dumb bird

moosehunter

PMA Member
I thought last year was kind of tough bird hunting. but this year I think was even tougher. The birds here gobbled in the trees but as soon as they hit the ground they were done. I saw several nice birds but I never had one in close enough. Not even for a gun. This morning I had three Jakes and three hens at 15 yards but there were two big birds with hens a 100 yards away so I held off. Eventually everyone left. This afternoon in the gail force winds I settled into the woods with no dekes. I didn't have to wait long. Five yound birds came in. Three were Jakes for sure but the other two looked a bit bigger so I held low on one of those and squeezed. A hip shot knocked him off his feet and I just waited in the blind until he was done. I've been real lucky with a bow. This makes either 7 or 8, I can't remember for sure.

Not to big but the nuggets will fry up nice.

19lbs
7 inch beard
3/4 inch spurs

7402007bird1-med.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
the other two looked a bit bigger so I held low on one of those and squeezed.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're really saying is, there is one more dumb one out there. You give me hope.

Nice job
waytogo.gif

Nice Perry.... Glad to see it work out for ya.... We had squat working today... Friggin wind anywhays ..........sooo.... your saying turkey nuggets Tuesday at work???
grin.gif

Nothing lucky about putting one on the ground with a bow!!! If there is, I'll take more of it!

Congrats Perry!!!
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The birds here gobbled in the trees but as soon as they hit the ground they were done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Story of my season...
crazy.gif

Way to stick with it though...some good eats for sure!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom