Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I got him!!!

K

Kat

I stalked this tom two days ago but long story short, he left to go on a date while I was waiting for him to get in range. He was strutting for a bunch of hens and it was impossible not to see the gap in his tail feathers. He was also the opposite of muddys 'loudmouth'. He was the strong silent type. I had set up on the edge of the field close to where I saw him enter before, but only hens came in the field today. It was about 9:15 when I had a strong intuitive hit to move and move fast to a small green area below a ridge where I had taken a boss bird a few years earlier. I left my decoy and moved the quarter mile to the spot. I sat down under a small cedar about 60 yards away from the bottom of the ridge.

I had only just sat down and made a few hen yelps when I kid you not, he stepped out from the trees. I don’t know how he didn’t see me out walking. He puffed up and started to strut, and there was that tail. It was him! Suddenly a hen started calling about 30 yards to my left. He strutted more. Was I going to have a hen take him from me again? Not this time... she came right behind me, calling. I just had to hope she wouldn’t bust me. She didn’t and he came in on a string. Oddly enough, after the shot she stayed there, and even came closer to me. It was a great team effort and I thanked her.

I’m not sure of the weight, but he was a lot heavier than the jake, had to stop and rest a few times on the way back. Beard is 11 1/4" and 1 1/8" spurs.
waytogo.gif

400boss.jpg

Good Job Kat! I will leave it at that. I don't want to say to much because someone might get confused on what I am trying to say!
grin.gif
waytogo.gif

Excellent Kat, I'm bowing to you right now, I new you'd get him after the great jake hunt you had!

Wow
bigshock.gif

What a bird!
grin.gif

A bird in the hand is better than a Kat in the bush, errrr, well something like that.

Congrats Girl
waytogo.gif

nice job kat... congrates on a beauty bird....that missing tail feather only adds to the trophy and the story
grin.gif

Way to go Kat.....I am glad you were able to make the hunt sucessful on such a great bird. I am still waiting on that other pic that was discussed in the PMA forum.

That poor ole' fella did'nt stand a chance with two girlies sweet talkin' him.
smile.gif

Nice bird, congrats.
waytogo.gif

Thats a heck of a bird!!!! congratulations!!!

good hunting jason

Kat, you are a stud . . wait, that's not right.
You are a studette . . wait, that would be a small stud.
You are a studdess . . dang, that's not right either.

To heck with it . . Kat, you done good - real good.
laugh.gif
Congratulations !!

Way to go Kat. I have had those situations where you don't think there is anything around and make a call and he is with in range just out of site...awesome!

Sweet Sweet Sweet! I got be biggest charge out of my wife’s hunt and as I look at you and your successes this spring I get fired up for you as well. I think my wife as looked over my shoulder and saw you on this sight. I am sure you influenced her and other ladies toward this great sport. Way to go girl.
not_ripe.gif
pineapple.gif
icon_ban2.gif

applause.gif
applause.gif
bow.gif
Way to go Kat!! Always love it when your "live" decoy helps out instead of taking the Tom the other direction.

Great Job! Ironwood brought up a good point, it is great to have a woman on board with as much passion as the "Guys" do. Way to stick with it.

Bowman

Top Bottom