Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I got my first deer with bow tonite!!!

flugge

Tonite I went out bowhunting, and shot my first deer with a bow, and its my first year bowhunting. Even though its a doe, i am proud as ever of her. She ran about 50 yards and went down. I will post how much she weighed after i take her to the locker. Just thought I would share this.Ryan

Congrats!!! The pleasure is in bowhunting and making an ethical shot. There's no reason not to be proud. Great job!!

What do ya mean its just a doe!Maybe ya don't realize it but many bowhunters don't get a deer.And like someone already said,There is no feeling like a deadly shot on any deer.You make us proud.I'm sure your looking foward to the next deer.

A late season doe is just as impressive as an early season buck. Congrats! Be carfull this sport can be extreemly addictive.

Oh boy, your're hooked now, great, another joins the ranks!!! Congrats, I can remember
my first bowill,(a nice mature doe)just like it happened today!

Steve

Congratulations Ryan! Well done. There is no such thing as just a doe in bowhunting as far as I'm concerned. You earn what you get.

Congrats Ryan, it takes alot of fortitude to stay in a stand in this cold weather especially for a first timer. May you shoot many, many more.

Great job Ryan! It's not JUST a doe buddy it's a deer and your first one. My first one was small enough to drag out with one hand but it was BIG in my book and that's all that mattered. It will be too short of a journey to where your shooting big ones and looking for ways to make it more challenging once again, so take it slow.
G6

Good job!!!
i'll also post pictures of my bow kill.......if I ever get one! I'm hoping this weekend, I know where they are, but unfortunatley they know where I am as well! Oh well sooner or later I'll catch a break. As long as I keep telling myself that it makes everything OK.
Once again congrats and good hunting.

My first deer was a doe also-wouldn't change that. The first one is special!!! Congrats Ryan; you should be very proud.

Good job Ryan!
When I shot my first one I just told myself that I would shoot the first deer that gave me the opportunity. I think this sport is challenging enough that you really need to get one under your belt before you go out there and limit yourself to a big buck. You should be proud. Good luck in the years to come.

Congratulations Ryan! I think I know how you feel. My first deer with a bow was a doe, taken over 30 years ago, and I still remember the excitement and sense of satisfaction. Like tineseeker said, bowhunting can be addictive. I shot my latest doe December 19, 2001 and still love being out there just as much. Don't sell yourself short on shooting a doe. A late season doe is much tougher to get than most early season bucks.

Congrats to ya. This is also my first year bow hunting. Unfortanatly I have yet to stick one but Im still hopeful. Good luck on your upcoming new hobby.

Numba1

Congratulations, any deer is a trophy with the bow, especially in the late season when they're so spooky!

MW

Congratulations!!! you are hooked now! take a few minutes and write about the experience in a journal, years from now you will be glad you did.

Congratulations! This was also my first season and the sun shined on me in Nov. What a shot of confidence it was to fill out that tag! Tell all your friends and congrats once again.

Congrats, i also took my first deer with a bow this year, it was a doe too, it was a great feeling knowing i made a good shot and knowing that she wouldn't go far, good luck next season

Top Bottom