Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

i got my first turkey

bighunter

well it started like this,
i was going hunting with a freind of my families since my dad had to work.we got out and owl hooted and heard some good gobbles.got set up and my buddy started litley calling and got a few gobbles so we sat until they flew down and he tried to call again and got nothing and he kept trying and got nothing the i did a couple yelps out of my mouth call and they gobbled like crazy.we counted 15 different birds gobbling.3 jakes and a hen came out 100 yards out then out of nowhere 3 nice jakes came out and mine was the the dominit bird and had the redest head and they got to about 33 yards and started to get skiddish so my buddy said shoot when u are ready and i fired and hit the head dead on and he dropped and died within 30 seconds.it was an ausome morning and i hope to have one like it again. my mom and dad were very proud of me. i didnt put in the part the i called in the birds by myself, believe it or not.
heres a pic,
he weigh 16 pounds, 5in. beard, and 3/8ths spurs.

[image]
IMAG0080.JPG
[/image]

thanks guys,
Alex Hastings
smile.gif
smile.gif

congratulations Kiddo! I love seeing all these youngsters having success. Sounds like you know what your doing.
good luck in the future.

thanks the responses guys i really appreciate it and yes alaskan we are going to have hime for dinner this weekend.thanks again guys.

Alex Hastings

Top Bottom