Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!! pictures included

I

IAbowhunter18

Well this morning was CRAZY, i had to take my dad to work so i could use his truck today because mine is in the shop. I got home around 7AM and decieded it was too late to go sit in a treestand, and we had some wind so i decieded to do a little spot and stalking with my bow. I got to this little ridge and look to my left and about 100 yards upwind of me stood this big ol' doe. She was feeding on some acorns under a huge oak tree. I figured i might as well go and try to get her, so i walked very very slowly it took me about an hour to cover about 50 yards. Well there was another oak tree laying on the ground, and the point of it was like 20 yards away from her. I got on my belly and crawled up to the end of the oak and she was looking away from me so i thought here is my chance to draw the old switchback to full draw. When i got to full draw her but was still facing me so I mouth gunted very softly, and she turned perfectly broadside. I put the 20 yard pin on her and let it fly. I watched the arrow go clean through her and i knew it was a PERFECT hit. I just sat there, she didn't even run she just walked very slowly about 10 feet and fell over dead. While gutting her i found that i hit both lungs and the heart. The new Crossfire broadheads did a number on her. The 10 foot long blood trail looked like someone took a 5 gallon bucket full of blood and just threw it on the trail. Here are some pictures of her, she is big. Just to put some perspective to it i weigh in at 200 pounds and am 5'10" tall so you can use that to judge her size.

8453B46064E247038AF3C3ED995CB0E1.jpg

Nice job with the shot and the stalk. That's a nice big doe should be some good eating too. Congrats now you can try for that buck you been looking for.

You are a SUPERSTAR!!! The only thing harder than stalking and successfully shooting a buck is doing the same to doe. You obviosly have some skill and knowledge of how whitetails react. That's truly a great trophy that you should be proud of.

Congratulations on your doe harvest.
waytogo.gif

Spot & stalk whitetails is a challenging method of hunting, and very rewarding.

Nice doe and great story. Sounds like that was kinda exciting. My boy shot his buck from the ground last year - it's a special rush.

Nice work Bud!
waytogo.gif

There is something special about taking a deer from the ground.....up close and personal!
grin.gif

Top Bottom