Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I hate it when this happens

Never got a hat in the mail /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Moultries do have excellent battery life, I will not take that away from the camera.

But once they get to around 50% battery life, the pics get blurry. The cuddeback keeps on taking good pics until it is dead.

So far the cuddeback has beat the moultrie on the amount of pics I can get out of a set of batteries. This is a cuddeback no flash by the way, not a flash cam.

how about you send me one of your Cuddebacks and ill do a side by side test and let you know the results! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

and a hat will be mailed shortly.....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how about you send me one of your Cuddebacks and ill do a side by side test and let you know the results! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

</div></div>

Not the way your cameras get stolen. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I had my cuddeback out for 6 weeks straight and the batteries weren't dead....close, but not dead..(Level 1)

That is the longest my camera has ever went on a set of batteries..

This is a Cuddeback Excite camera....

I figure 6 weeks is pretty good...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not the way your cameras get stolen. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

no joke....

I've had an I40 out for a month and the batt. life still says 99% with over 250 pics. Thats with rechargables.Slooooooooow trigggggggggger speeeeeeeeeeed thoughhhhhhhhhhh!

This may be a dumb question, but do you guys notice longer battery life with certain brands of batteries? If there is a difference, which battery brands are the best (and worst)? Any advice would be appreciated!

I get blurry pics on my D40 with 100% battery life.

Longest lasting for me have been Duracell, then Energizer, then HyVee store brand and then Rayovac. The Rayovacs were only like a buck apiece. I only made that mistake once.

Where can I take my old batteries to recycle them? I have a sack full.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had my cuddeback out for 6 weeks straight and the batteries weren't dead....close, but not dead..(Level 1)

That is the longest my camera has ever went on a set of batteries..

This is a Cuddeback Excite camera....

I figure 6 weeks is pretty good...

</div></div>

Was this with a white flash camera? do you notice a lot faster battery drain in the winter with the bitter temps up here?

The M60 took a ride down the river this year so I'm not sure how it would have done but the I60 lasts FOREVER. I've had it out with new batts for a couple months now and it's still at 98%! My only complaint about these cams are the high number of washed out pics I get. They have a firmware update that's supposed to cure that so I might try it postseason. My homebrews are far and away the best cams I use. Perfect pics every time, never miss a shot, 1+ second trigger. Lithiums last somewhere around 4-6 weeks. NiMH+ rechageables, which is what I nearly always use, last about 3-4 weeks. Alkalines last about 2-3 weeks. But my cams only use the two AA batteries in the cam itself. Some people build theirs to take extra batteries for even longer life. I've always found it doesn't matter because I can't stand to wait more than a month to check mine anyway. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Guess what, My Ferrari goes faster than my cavalier..........................

I think it is good to compare different companies products, but when you compare a 300+ dollar cuddeback, or homebrew with a 100 dollar Moultrie............. Must be a somewhat decent cam to be 200 dollars less and get thrown in the same group for comparison purposes!
An yes I know the IRs are more, but same for Homebrews and cuddebacks.

P.S. I have a homebrew, a cudde, I40s, D40s, and junk walmart cams. I have run them all

yes it is a flash camera....

It is the Cuddeback Excite...

Yes, the batteries do drain a lot faster once it starts getting below freezing...

I will back THA4, I've had two I40's since feb and have yet to change batteries. Averaging 400-500 pics a month, and batteries currently at 45%, pretty hard to beat. I will admit, they have slow trigger speed, but there are ways to beat that!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess what, My Ferrari goes faster than my cavalier..........................

I think it is good to compare different companies products, but when you compare a 300+ dollar cuddeback, or homebrew with a 100 dollar Moultrie............. Must be a somewhat decent cam to be 200 dollars less and get thrown in the same group for comparison purposes!

P.S. I have a homebrew, a cudde, I40s, D40s, and junk walmart cams. I have run them all

</div></div>

$100 Moultrie???

The I40's retail for $219.99...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess what, My Ferrari goes faster than my cavalier..........................

</div></div>

$100 Moultrie???

The I40's retail for $219.99... </div></div>

Good spot Nacho.

Both of my $100.00 Moultrie's are in the trash
or so says Double AA. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Would be really hard pressed to buy another Moultrie.
Glad everyone is having good luck with them though.

Top Bottom