Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I HATE LIVESTOCK

enis

This time of the year. Does anyone hunt close to any horse's or cow's. The dam things always show up at the prime time of the hunt.Ever wonder if this effects your hunting? Cause seems as if I never see deer when they show up. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

i know lots of guys who have no problem hunting around them. but for me, i hate them too!!!

i never seem to do well in an area that has lots of cows or horses....

stupid things....

I have found that cattle will keep deer pushed out of an area pretty good. Once the cattle are gone though, the deer will quickly return.

You guys should give up on those cattle farms. By the way, what's the phone number of the landowners?

I know what you're saying. Out in WY this year it was getting prime time and a herd of cattle ran, literally, from about 1/2 mile away to right under my tree and then right before dark, they all walked back to where they came from. I really don't understand them...they're so dumb.

They could be in an 250 acre area and they always think the grass under my tree taste better than the rest the dam 249.5 acres. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

I've chased them away with a stick a few times; but right at primetime, that option isn't available I guess...

About 5 years ago, I was hunting right next to some cattle and it happened to be right on Halloween night. I had a video camera and the camera had a script going across the screen that said "Happy Halloween" and I couldn't figure out how to make that disappear. All I could do is laugh as a cow stood about 5 yards from me with a huge clump of grass in its mouth, looking up at me with a blank stare like "What the hell is that!" I suppose I still have that video laying around somewhere back home.

Nice, I had a turkey hunting video like that once that said Happy Mothers day or something like that.

Also, one of my spots this year I have to walk through cattle every time I go out. Well, it started out where they'd just run off every time I climbed over the fence. Now they're used to me and they're starting to follow me. Great!

That's me, stupid things followed me all the way across the field everytime they were in that field. I wonder if I could get away with saying "I thought it was a deer!". I like steaks!! even if it is beef. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I don't mind hunting around cattle. Never have. I know the landowner is going to have them there to pay for the land, so I would rather hunt around cattle than him lease it out.

Top Bottom