Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I named him Cat Daddy

SKellcat

This years Buck has named himself. I was in the stand this morning at 7;30 when I heard something walking through the leaves to my right. As I slowly turned I see a white/tabby cat walking down the trail, under my stand, and off behind me. I relaxed a few minutes and heard the leaves rustling again. I turn and expected the cat, but instead this guy is walking by my stand on the trail. Thus the name. I grabbed my bow and got ready. I didn't expect to get a shot as I figured he would follow the trail and cross the nearby road, but instead he turned and walked right in front of me at 15 yards. I drew back and let the arrow fly. I hit him back a little and he ran off so I give him tome to expire. Went out and found him dead about 100 yards from where I had last seen him. No Monster but a very solid deer with awesome mass and a 9" brow tine. He has great character and everything but width. Another Great season in Iowa!
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

No need to look at what he doesn't have, he is an AWESOME buck regardless of spread. He really carries his mass all the way through, with thick beams and tines. What are you whereabouts here in SW Iowa? I am from Bedford and hunt primarily in the Blockton area.

Sweet deer! I love when the mass flows out into the tines and doesn't just stay in the main beams. Congrats!

Top Bottom