Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

i need a taxidermest. know ne one?

streeter

I got a 8 pointer I want to hang on my wall its gonna need a little cape work not too bad though.

You will certainly get lots of opinions on this one. FWIW: My opinion is DO NOT select a taxidermist based soley on the cheapest price or the quickest turnaround time. Not that you can't get a POS mount for a high price, it's just that you are VERY VERY unlikely to get a quality mount for a cheap price and the good taxis are busy. DO NOT select one based entirely on the recommendation of others, especially those who have a one or maybe two trophys on the wall. Most people just look at the antlers and unless they are painted pink, they think their "trophy" looks great! Visit taxidermists and see their work in person. Even better have someone knowledgeable go with you. Ask them what makes their work worth the money you are about to spend and pay attention to what they say. Ask them what to look for in a quality mount and if they are reluctant to talk about what makes their work worth your time... RUN AWAY. After visiting a few different taxidermy artists you should start getting a feel for who you want. Remember that the pleasure of a low price is fleeting, but the disappointment of poor quality lasts as long as it hangs on your wall. Congrats on your trophy & good luck in your search.

Keith McCain in wellman does all of my work and all of my family's work. I have no complaints and he is a super nice guy to work with. I'm also in the Washington area. Feel free to send me a pm if you need a phone number or anything. He also works nights so he's on a goofy schedule.

Chris hoenig in riverside does great work. He did my deer last year and i have no complaints.

as stated above, Durk Sterner in Lone Tree does excellent work and he's pretty close by for you too!

Jim Kindig in Marion! Has done work for the HS crew! Has done 2 bucks for me! Did a redo (my first in 1979!) A couple turkeys! Quality is epic But he does not have a commercial on this website!!! :confused: His work will stand up to anyone's!! :way:

Top Bottom