Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I need help FAST!!!!

B

buckmaster

i plan on going out in the morn. is this a smart time to go or wait for afternoon. i have all myu stands pulled and am planning to ground hunt spot and stalk. any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
confused.gif

Buckmaster, anytimes a smart time to be out deer hunting
smile.gif
Seriously though i have been going out the last 3 days at daylight and dark and not seeing many deer here in the NW part of the state.But today i had to make several trips to town from work for lumber in the middle of the day.I seen 3 does and 4 bucks in two trips between the hours of 2 and 4 in the afternoon.Maybe the middle of the days the time to be out, just thought it was interesting and might give you something to think on
wink.gif

A good friend of mine from Pike Co Illinois has been hunting both evenings and mornings with good success on does at both times. His best buck sightings have been on afternoon hunts near locust thickets eating the locust beans and on green alfalfa fields. I took a walk christmas eve on a farm in west central Illinois I can hunt and found that there was a large scrape line that was hit that morning and the rubline I had hunted earlier in the fall was also used recently. I would also try your old pre rut spots with the last sentence in mind in hopes that old buck you chased in early November may show his face. Whatever you choose as far as location or tactic, good luck and if the buck of your dreams does not come by, a nice doe can fill the freezer and you will be doing your part in deer management.

Shredder220

Top Bottom