Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I need your help...

zenhunter

After three years of trying, I'm finally heading out to Iowa for the whitetail hunt of a lifetime on Friday...

The only problem is, my hunting partner, who's from Iowa is having to cancel for health reasons...

So I'm on my own, and I've only been on two deer hunts and killed one deer in my whole life. But I'm still headed to Zone 5 with my bow tag, a few maps of public areas, and a determination to make it happen no matter what. I'm a pretty experienced waterfowl hunter, so I've been to new places before and figured out a way to be successful. I know this is a lot harder.

Here are my two questions: I'm there for two weeks, Oct 31 to Nov 14. If I'm not having any luck, do you all know of any reputable outfitter who'll make a special deal or has a cancellation they want to fill? Also, if anybody wants help dragging out a deer and to help me drag out mine (see, I'm thinking positive) or just to grab some dinner and a beer, let me know. I leave for Iowa Friday morning at 9am PST. Thanks.

Neil

to the NR hunter that comes in here, asking for help, give us a couple nearby towns, or a county name. to the vast majority of us, NR zones mean nothing.

I've got a good public land plan. I mean, I know where to go and have some good satellite maps. I'm real new at this, so hopefully I'll hang the stand in the right place.

But I'm just thinking, I've got no plan B if that doesn't produce a buck.

So I thought maybe I could hook up with a guide or outfitter that has some access to farms or other private land, for my second week.

Damn buddy, The public land in and around Indy gets blown thru most of the time... I don't know how far you area stretches but, I would not give up toomuch money to someone in that area for a deer. Alot of snakes in that territory, so watch your pocket.. I can get ya on some bucks but again I need to know the area 5 and how far it goes...Now you go west or further south next time... ya, I could put ya in the hot seat with no problem... P.M. me and tell me how big 5 is and I'll see what I can do...

Oh ya.. Cali, man if you canm get me on some Freediving and spearing out there...I could dig a little deeper.. I will be in Cali, Feb and March to dive /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Ryan

Top Bottom