Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I think I pulled a Rudd....

Field Service

Went out yesterday afternoon to spray my RR corn. Filled the tank and added the Roundup. Went to spray and it started to look very dark to the West. Decided to wait till morning. Parked tractor and sprayer on the dam as not to damage the lawn if it should drip a little over night. (I'm a thinker!)

This morning,get up go to the dam start the tractor and fire the pump to recirc the chemical. Check to make sure boom is not spraying (it is not) back up and drive thru the back yard to my first plot. Get to the plot and jump off the tractor to adjust the bypass and notice the boom is spraying!!! "F"! I have no idea when or HOW it kicked on (electric), but I'm most likely in hot water with the wife in 7 to 10 days...

Keep in mind we are finishing last minute items around the house as we are getting ready to put the place up for sale in a week or so... I'm a dead man! hahahaha

If it kicked on right a way, it will be 12' wide and 200-300 yards long, right thru the back yard of the place (read estate!)

I let it dry for an hour and then scalped it with the lawn mower. Wanted it to dry so I didn't blow Roundup on to other grass. Guess I should mow the rest of the yard and take pictures quick for the For Sale By Owner fliers...lol

jh

Probably too late now, but if you noticed it right away, water is the cure. Just spray back over the spot with water. The sooner the better.

Pictures are always nice!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Just feel lucky it was only Roundup! I was filling a sprayer tank once and decided to go in and have a soda and a sandwich while it was filling. Guess I took a little to long, cause when I came back out it was running over and across the lawn. Wouldn't have been so bad but it was Atrazine!!! It killed everything not for days, weeks or months...but YEARS! We dug it out and put in more dirt but it was so concentrated that it was like 5 years before we got a lawn in some spots.
I got cussed out pretty good for that one and for a long time after...
icon_redface[1].gif

Yes, Round-up would be better than Atrazine! lol

Guess it wouldn't be so bad if the place wasn't going on the market soon. I just hope that thing kicked on very close to the plot and not all the way across the lawn. Still can't figure it out unless the return line got pinched or plugged alittle. I had the bypass valve wide open....

Time will tell. Wife said, "I see you did a little mowing yesterday"

I just said "Yeap".....lol

Wish I would have got the hose out in addition to mowing it short.

I was being so careful too. Park on the dam, check that it wasn't spraying before I moved the tractor. Make sure I didn't drive thru where I have sprayed and then onto the lawn...

July and August are such good grass growing months....... lol

hopefully your not on the highway....still catching guff over it. My weeds are at least green. Explain to the prospective owners that you are a grass perfectionist....you were going to till/re-seed this fall.

If it starts to turn brown, Id dump a load of gravel on it and pretend its a new road you just put in.

Sounds like a new photo contest, who can mess up their yard the worst by accidentally using the wrong spray.

[ QUOTE ]
still catching guff over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed the label came off my partially empty jug of Roundup. Just wondering Rudd...can a guy usually just remember what is in those jugs the next spring??
wink.gif

Top Bottom