Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I used to like Bruner

Shovelbuck

I used to like Paul Bruner, AKA...Too Short on other forums. Those yuppies over at Trad Gang will probably pull my post or kick me off for jumping his case.
Check this out....... Iowa tags

For some reason, i am unable to open the link.....but i am very curious about what this is all about......

whats up??

It just goes back to how some NR's think the IBA doesn't want them to hunt in Iowa and that they should raise the tag quota for NR's. Just more of the same. Just ignorance as usual.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For some reason, i am unable to open the link.....but i am very curious about what this is all about......

whats up?? </div></div>

Just the usual "blab"....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only draw an Iowa tag every three years. The Iowa bowhunters are responsible for that!!!! GREEDY! They want us non-residents kept out, but they won't pay the land owners a trespass fee, so they whine about not being able to hunt.

The land owner feeds and protects the deer. Trespass fee hunting is a fact of life now. Land owners should be able to get tags that they can then give out or sell.

The over population of deer there now, because of the Iowa bowhunters in large part, is such that when you do apply for a buck tag, you must also apply for a doe tag.

Hopefully, the game commission there will tell the Iowa bowhunters where to stick it and start to manage properly. Politics SUCK and that is what is going on in Iowa...POLITICS!

I'll hear from some Iowa bowhunters on this post, FOR SURE!

Too Short
</div></div>

thats ugly!!
i dont even know that guy, and i dont like him.....
they oughta make the restrictions stricter!!!

whose being greedy????

Sheesh

Here's a good quote from that thread.....I could justify $400 tag.. IF AND ONLY IF .. the Iowa DNR did SOMETHING to manage a quality deer herd. It's been a long time since i've seen more than one quality buck per season. Hype and Propaganda? see a lot of that.

This guy must not be a IW Member...one quality buck per season????

Uhhh, somebody is on crack

I hope he joins in here like Moprning Star suggested!! I would love to hear his opinions on why we should allow more NON res and then Watch him be crushed!!!!

Heck we should give him a tag to kill that 250 inch buck in Des Moines!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a good quote from that thread.....I could justify $400 tag.. IF AND ONLY IF .. the Iowa DNR did SOMETHING to manage a quality deer herd. It's been a long time since i've seen more than one quality buck per season. Hype and Propaganda? see a lot of that.

Uhhh, somebody is on crack </div></div>

I think he's dead on, I've only seen one deer over 100 inches this year and I shot him. Iowa is a ROUGH place to hunt, but somebody has to do it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a good quote from that thread.....I could justify $400 tag.. IF AND ONLY IF .. the Iowa DNR did SOMETHING to manage a quality deer herd. It's been a long time since i've seen more than one quality buck per season. Hype and Propaganda? see a lot of that.

Uhhh, somebody is on crack </div></div>

I think he's dead on, I've only seen one deer over 100 inches this year and I shot him. Iowa is a ROUGH place to hunt, but somebody has to do it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

gosh i have only seen two does all year............ /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

just a couple comments. first, iowans can thank iowans, all the vid producers in the state, for the publicity that brought nr's to the state.
secondly, i havn't met an iowa farmer who doesn't welcome nr hunters. the nr tag allocation is influenced by a small group of iowa bowhunters, the iba, who want the bowhunting to themselves and probably do not own land.
the biggest loophole in ia, which the iba doesn't address with as much passion, is that a nr can buy a shotgun doe tag, party hunt with a res., and shoot a buck every year. it seems to me that gun hunters are more of a threat to qdm.
thirdly, an influx of nr landowners will not decrease the quality of deer. most who invest in hunting property are interested in qdm which maintains the quality level. if anything the current nr regs hurt the quality due to the dnr not permitting a cheap doe tag allocation, but rather one $100 doe tag. let nr's control their property.
lastly, pressure from high dollar lobbies wll eventually win out and change the current regs. residents need to prepare for it, as we have in every other popular hunting state over the years, and buy, lease, gain permission, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windwalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow is it 400 bucks to deer hunt Iowa now if your out of state ? ????? </div></div>

No, its $426.00.

Top Bottom