Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IBA banquet

darkhollow1

PMA Member
This will be my first year attending the Iowa Deer Classic. I was also thinking about attending the IBA banquet. Just curious if someone could fill me in a little on the banquet. Thanks.

I've only been to one, last years. Thus, my take on it might be a little different from others.

The banquet is a time for IBA members to get togethor, enjoy a good meal, and listen to a well known speaker. There are raffles and an auction with the proceeds helping to protect the quality of hunting we have in this state.
waytogo.gif
Also, there is a raffle that helps the archery in school program.

What's not to like about that?
shrug[1].gif
grin.gif

I've only been to two IBA banquets and therefore two Whitetail Classics. The two events go hand in hand. At the Classic you get to see the latest in gear and more bone than you could ever imagine. The IBA banquet is a smaller version of the classic. There are displays and seminars during the day on Saturday along with raffles and games of chance. The banquet is good food, good friends and good fun. The auction is always lively and a good money maker for the Association. There, of course, is the obligatory beer vendor. I tried to talk the powers that be into having beer dudes walk around like they do at ballgames. Saves time and I wouldn't miss as much of the program. The suggestion didn't go very far. Then I mentioned that every other charity event I've been to provides complimentary beer in the hopes your inhibitions about bidding go away and they make more money. They took one look at my bar tab from last year and said no way. They don't wanna end up owing more than the auction and raffles bring in.

All and all it is a super weekend. You get to put faces with screen names, meet your IBA officers and area reps, participate in the IBA Board meeting and make Muddy be your beer bitch.

As far as the after banquet festivities, I do belive the hotel hired extra security guards who this year will be carrying guns instead of Clearasil. I missed the hoot off two years ago because some folks, whom my wife is still after, drug me to a differnt kind of hoot off.

One more thing, between the two events, if you listen to some of the conversations going on around you, you'll learn more about hunting than any DVD out there.

The 'Bonker

[ QUOTE ]
I missed the hoot off two years ago because some folks, whom my wife is still after, drug me to a differnt kind of hoot off.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how did it turn out...you know...the "hoot off"...I assume you were one of the judges...
evil.gif

I sure hope this "situation" didn't involve the penalty box
grin.gif

Top Bottom