Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IBA MEMBERSHIP CHALLENGE/OFFER, I'll take a step NOW, thanks ISHI

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Ishi was my ispiration on this one, thank you Ishi. Iowa is a fragile state for our deer resource, habitat and hunting. Very different than other states, many surrounding us with inferior hunting even though they have 4-10 times the habitat & deer #'s. With 5-7% timber & a loss of habitat, we have had some really rocky roads in the past 5 years & still manage to be the cream of the crop that folks from other states want to flock to. We have to turn away droves of hunters that flee states that have been pimped out and ruined (my old state of MI - it's a joke). We constantly have to defend our great state to try and just keep it at status quo and the $ pimps are not going to stop. Without a million more paragraphs and pages and explanation on IBA... IBA is our best defense and is our only organized version of COMMON SENSE. Simple logic, simple reasoning, fighting off special interests, money pimps, greedy companies & politicians that don't care about the resource or anyone's hunting experience. Defending against those with only $ on the brain and $ to gain. IBA is one of our best & uniquely local (IOWA) organizations that has & will impact every deer hunter that goes out into our great state. They do the hard work for the "every day guy" and hunter. We've seen the start for this year, I'm expecting it to be like this every year & likely be far worse, every year ongoing unless our deer go the way of the pheasant - then it'll be something else as folks will quit. Help keep Iowa, IOWA.

NEXT FOUR PEOPLE TO PM ME.... I'll pay for your membership. JUST STATE BELOW THIS in this thread "PM SENT" & send PM at the same time with your name & address. I'll send that name and address into IBA with check for membership. 4 Memberships, let's add em.

If someone else is inclined to pay for a membership, great, so be it, welcome to add an offer below. No pressure and happily just add 4 memberships now. Offer is out there starting NOW, please, take my offer and send me the PM.... GO.....

JNRBRONC is disqualified, he's an undercover PETA member.
Got 2 other PM's. 2 to go! ;)

Well, that was fast!!! Done deal fellas, I'll taker from here and you'll get something in the mail, etc. Far more importantly, you're a member of the most impactful and beneficial common sense organization that will defend our resource and continue to keep Iowa the great state it is for hunters, etc. We need all the help we can defending a resource that's worth defending & because of its "value" - it sure will continue to have threats against it. Thanks again

Thanks Skip. A pretty great thing you guys have done. 57,000 bow hunters this past year. Just think how strong we would be as an organization if even half of them belonged. Heck of a lot more lobbying power would be a start.

Skip - great idea!! Thanks for doing that to help others and the IBA. I'll admit right here and now that I wrote out a check for $100 just now for my first IBA membership. (I know this is LAME, but every other time I was going to join the IBA I would go to their website and prepare to join and then remember that you can't pay via credit card...so I would then navigate away and forget about it. I know, I know...lame, lame, lame. Sorry! But that was solved tonight and hopefully in the future there are other options to pay when my renewal comes up.)

Now then...I would like to invite the fellow that implied that Skip, and others, was a "greedy" person in a thread a week or so ago to step up to the plate and buy a few IBA memberships...you know, for someone else. If that is greed, well then fine, let's get some more of it!

Thanks again to Ishi and Skip and also all of the volunteers on the IBA!

Now then...I would like to invite the fellow that implied that Skip, and others, was a "greedy" person in a thread a week or so ago to step up to the plate and buy a few IBA memberships...you know, for someone else. If that is greed, well then fine, let's get some more of it!

Thanks again to Ishi and Skip and also all of the volunteers on the IBA!

I'm not the one that implied Skip was greedy. If he is, so am I, but I'll bite anyway. I bow hunted for over 25 years before a little issue with some cervical vertebral arthritis/pinched nerves resulted in an inability to draw my bow. Now I hunt with the dreaded X-Bow. :rolleyes: Anyway... until a couple of years ago, I had never heard of the IBA. Thanks to IW, I am now aware that they exist and fight for a lot of issues that I support. After using one, I don't really believe that crossbows are as big a threat long term as many do. That said, I still don't favor them for everyone. Anyway, if the IBA will take a "user" :rolleyes: as a member, I will join. In addition I'll pay the first years worth of someone else's dues to boot.

As before, reply to this with a "PM sent" and PM me with your info. I'll send your payment in with mine.

HorseDoctor - I bought a crossbow for myself when I was injured. I purchased a crossbow this fall for my nephew who is disabled and I'm sure not against crossbows. Crossbow purchaser right here and pround IBA member! *I Just believe, for many reasons, we need to fight to keep Crossbows for the everyday, able-bodied guy/gal, out of archery season. Great for disabled, elderly, etc. Not added in our delicate system in Iowa that has enough challenges the way it is right now.

Thanks HD- great thing, please someone take him up on the offer asap!!!

Top Bottom