Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IBA supports feeding baiting bill

I ask again. If you believe that food plots are baiting, than are guided hunts fair????

Back when you were "Huntin' Hard" you went on guided hunts, flingin' arrows at things not scouted by your own eyes.

Where in iowa could we hunt if we can't hunt over food? Deer are driven by food, and so are our hunts?!?!?!?
I already answered that, but someone with a baiting agenda deleted the entire thread, and my reply.

Probably 'cause just like here, everything you were saying was total bull.... just sayin'

Is that why I got a PM and text messages from guys saying I was right on, but they don't want to ruffle you guys feathers that believe that food plots and cameras over them telling info on time and dates are not considered fair chase to them either?

ya I believe that.... just like everything else you say....

So because I don't see eye to eye with the food plot/ camera debate as the same as you do, I am now a liar and this is what you have to resort to, personal attacks? Doesn't sit well with the Mod title does it?

Whatever you say..... Just typical HCH - ranting about your agenda, regardless of its validity. We are all entitled to our "opinions"... just remember, that doesn't make them right...

You're the shining the example, all should bow to the almighty Hardcore and his ways....

Oh, and while we are on the subject of CRP, if the government is going to pay the landowner to set this land aside, then it needs to be written in the books that this land is public hunting, as tax payers foot the bill for this land to set idle. It is financed by the public, then it is public use land . If You don't like that, then take it out of CRP and farm it. I want rewarded for my tax dollars you get in your welfare mailbox Mr. CRP check reciever;)

HCH --- I think what might have some people a little tick'd is your suggestion that because they receive rental $$$ from the government, in exchange for not farming certain acres of their property, they should also then allow those areas to be open for public hunting? And you justify this because you're a "conservative Republican"?? Doesn't make much sense to me either, and pretty weird.... That's all.

Yo makea no sensea!?!?!

meanie.jpg

Whatever you say..... Just typical HCH - ranting about your agenda, regardless of its validity. We are all entitled to our "opinions"... just remember, that doesn't make them right...

You're the shining the example, all should bow to the almighty Hardcore and his ways....

I have no agenda, I don't use bait or cameras. Whatever you say, you are the man that can delete threads that don't promote the agenda that fits your beliefs. Many of us don't see the difference between a 35 yd X 35 yd sugar beet /camera monitoring site as any different then the same area scattered with corn....well yea, we do. Corn can be eaten anywhere, so not much of a special treat, but the un agriculture sugar beets, turnips, etc(it won't be harvested and is strictly for attracting game, a clear violation from the Iowa Game regs) is a special treat that was placed for killing game over.

blurman, I'm pretty sure you have no idea about what an officer's daily obligations are and I would bet your 'commonsense' is lacking when you use the blanket statement of "Politics and money is drives every bill" thats garbage, GARBAGE!

NO, its about the people, and if we the people disagree with a bill, it ought not get passed.

More Gov't input on how we manage OUR lands is not what we need. there is an underlying agenda here and this bill STINKS!

I know, you do what they do better than I...you are right, how dare I assume. It is about the people huh......maybe before we enact any law like this we should take it to a vote of the people of Iowa, not just hunters because this effects all who view, photograph, hunt, etc the wildlife.

What is amazing is that you put the trust of the state (or gov't) to set seasons, regulations on licenses, tag requirements, residence requirements, weapons during season, methods of taking a deer, etc on and on and on......but this issue you can not trust them and to think what they are doing is for the best of the deer herd.

By the way how much land do you own? Probably as much as I do. Incase you didnt know it is the state that tells us what we can do on "our" land, from deer hunting to dumping manure, to burning to crp planting. I am a fan of limited govt but unfortuantly some people can not figure out the right thing to do and it effects many others because of their bad decesions.

Just think if PETA or someone wanted to screw over an area for hunting -- especially a public area -- have them spend $400 and dump salt and mineral in a bunch of locations on public land now that area is not able to be hunted, and they could not be charged with anything. Now they could and I know that is a far fetched idea, but the idea behind it is for a good reason, it means well, and we will adjust IF it gets through.

Just kidding :)

Answer it reasonably and I would imagine it would stay up. Ya might even change me opinion.:moon:

The thread was reasonable and so was my answer. The thread's only issue, was that it had valid points about food plots and comparing them to corn, and the camera mods deleted them before the DNR got any more ideas that would ruin their fun. Not one arguement or any name calling was in the thread, I stated that a guide is no more then a guy or gal that knows the area and takes you out hunting. They know the land and where game is seen at times, nothing more. As long as no bait or food plot is used, all you gain is their knowledge of the land, use of their equipment, their housing, and their land.

the un agriculture sugar beets, turnips, etc(it won't be harvested and is strictly for attracting game, a clear violation from the Iowa Game regs) is a special treat that was placed for killing game over.

Well, it is not a "clear" violation as you state. The DNR prohibits carrying in and scattering food, but kind of looks the other way if you grow it there.

And you know it isn't planted there for killing game, it is planted there to "increase the health of the herd", just like mineral licks. :rolleyes:

So does this mean that the DNR is going to start enforcing baiting in Iowa? According to their regs on page 24, here is their definition of baiting:

“Bait” means grain, fruit, vegetables, nuts,
hay, salt, mineral blocks, or any other natural food
materials, commercial products containing natural
food materials, or by-products of such materials
transported to or placed in an area for the purpose of
attracting wildlife. Bait does not include food placed
during normal agricultural activities.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/law/files/huntingregs.pdf

Now, according to the Merriam Webster Dictionary, the definition of Agriculture is:

Definition of AGRICULTURE

: the science, art, or practice of cultivating the soil, producing crops, and raising livestock and in varying degrees the preparation and marketing of the resulting products : farming

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/agriculture

Looks as plain as black and white, that planting sugar beets, turnips, or leaving 5 acres of standing corn or beans to hunt over, is illegal and considered baiting by Iowa code, as the crop is never meant to be harvested, therefore is not considered normal agriculture activities, and is strictly for attracting wildlife for hunting over.

To go along with what you posted, this article made for some intresting reading:
http://www.wideerhunters.org/articles/bfhalfgal.pdf

Here is an excerpt from the section labeled "Privatization of Wildlife"
"Baiting and feeding are forms of wildlife privatization as deer are attracted to and held (managed) on private lands"

If the Bill is about disease, then make all deer feeding Illegal. If the bill is about Hunter Fairness, then make it truely fair so that joe schmo on public ground can compete with mr neighboring landowner

HCH --- I think what might have some people a little tick'd is your suggestion that because they receive rental $$$ from the government, in exchange for not farming certain acres of their property, they should also then allow those areas to be open for public hunting? And you justify this because you're a "conservative Republican"?? Doesn't make much sense to me either, and pretty weird.... That's all.
Take the "rental $$$ out of it(my taxes) then do what you want with your land. Take my $$$, and I want payment back. What is so weird about expecting a return on my $$$?

I dont believe that joe schmoe public land hero should be able to compete with a private land owner. Shouldn't they be entitled to a little more... There investment is certainly more.

PS I hunt public land.

I dont believe that joe schmoe public land hero should be able to compete with a private land owner. Shouldn't they be entitled to a little more... There investment is certainly more.
PS I hunt public land.

Maybe we could give them 3 buck tags.... :rolleyes: Oh wait, private land owner already has that too.

I hunt public land also.

Take the "rental $$$ out of it(my taxes) then do what you want with your land. Take my $$$, and I want payment back. What is so weird about expecting a return on my $$$?

I'm presuming that you don't personally have any land enrolled in CRP? Trust me, its a big hassle --- initial and yearly paperwork, limitations on what you can/cannot do with it after you have let the government in your door, etc.--- all in exchange for minimal payments. To have you suggesting that these acres be open for public hunting, because of the tiny public funds rec'd by the owner, is just dumb. Sorry.

Top Bottom