Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IC Fin & Feather

I've been having issues with my drop away for the past four months. It just acted like it wasn't fast enough to get out of the way and my fletching's were hitting it. Last night I took it to Fin & Feather in Iowa City, this is also the third shop I've had my bow at for this issue. The gentlemen helping me could see my obvious frustration and with bow season now just three weeks away I was getting a little irritated. After the did there complete inspection and diagnosed that my drop away that is only two years old now was plain wore out. They took one off the shelf and put it on my bow and I walked out the door with my bow exactly the way I wanted it. I tell you all this because I now have the most respect for these boys there. I will now be taking all my business there for anything outdoors. They were honest with me and didn't try to just push new items off on me to get things sold. They did what they had to and got me shooting. If any of you guys are close to Iowa City I'd recommend stopping in and doing some shopping or if your having issues they get you going again.

Fin and Feather in Iowa City is the real deal.

Glad you had a good experience there, I know I have a totally opposite opinion of that store.

100 percent depends on the fella behind the counter. Theres a few i wouldnt let touch my bow. If your ever looking for a great place to have bow work done look up mikes bow shop south of mt pleasant on old 218, top notch service and the best prices on everything from bows to fletching.

100 percent depends on the fella behind the counter. Theres a few i wouldnt let touch my bow. If your ever looking for a great place to have bow work done look up mikes bow shop south of mt pleasant on old 218, top notch service and the best prices on everything from bows to fletching.

Been there, great place and agree 100% with everything you said. I did take my bow there, and didn't get anywhere with it.

Glad you had a good experience there, I know I have a totally opposite opinion of that store.

I know what you mean. I used to have the same thoughts. I know they have a batch of new guys and I believe they have there stuff together. I may have just got lucky but figured id share since they did treat me so well.

I always had my best luck at F&F when Larry and Nick were always there.. Larry retired and Nick I believe took a job directly with Mathews. Had Justin work on my bow up there two years ago and he had it tuned perfectly.. Fixed blade broad heads were flying the exact same as my field points and the paper tear while tuning was perfect at close distance and I tried it at 30 yards and still had a perfect tear.. Justin no longer works there either now, so I'm not sure who they've got left. I haven't had my bow in the shop since Justin worked on it.

Chris and nick were the two best people to work in there. Larry was too old school when it came to properly and truly tuning a bow that had a rest other than a whisker buscuit on it.
Chris and nick trained a handful of good guys and i could name them all.
Chris took a job in Sparta with mathews and Nick is still in the area and owns a bow press. Justin and dan were also very good but neither of them work their any longer. Good bow guys are alot like mechanics, find one you like and stick with them

Chris and nick were the two best people to work in there. Larry was too old school when it came to properly and truly tuning a bow that had a rest other than a whisker buscuit on it.
Chris and nick trained a handful of good guys and i could name them all.
Chris took a job in Sparta with mathews and Nick is still in the area and owns a bow press. Justin and dan were also very good but neither of them work their any longer. Good bow guys are alot like mechanics, find one you like and stick with them

Yea.. Chris is the one I was thinking of.

Top Bottom