Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ice fishing tourney

dblmainbeam

Anybody heading up to the brainerd Jaycees ice fishing extravaganza this weekend? Been there a couple of times its a blast. Never won anything yet but hopefully I might get lucky one of these years. Pretty amazing to see all 12000 people on the ice.

i have heard of that event, it would be fun to be a part of someday!!!!

cept i suck at ice fishing....

Its a fricken zoo.

I refuse to drive anywhere remotely close to Gull Lake on this weekend.

I have a few friends that fish it every year, they ride ATVs across from the back side of the lake to avoid all the traffic. Gonna be a warm 1 this week to boot. Calling for a High of 0 and Low of -20 with Wind on saturday.

Stay warm and good luck.

Its toasty warm up here. Im about 20miles north of the event and its -24. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The radio said people were already out on the ice and that was an hour ago.

On the ice at 9:30. It was so cold it was almost impossible to fish small jigs. The holes froze instantly and and couldn't get the line down. Didn't catch anything except a good buzz. The Dr. kept us warm. Ill post some pics later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dblmainbeam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Didn't catch anything except a good buzz...</div></div>

Wouldn't take much effort for you to catch that... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

Top Bottom