Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ice Out Cat's

Blaster

PMA Member
The bite is good!
picture.php

I knew this post was coming soon!! Great fish! I always wanted to try ice out just never have.

What were you using for bait? Where are the catfish located this time of year? I love to catfish but I had no idea you could catch cats this early!

This is the best time of year to catch them. Fish the warmest part of the day and find shallow water. Areas that have creeks flowing into a lake is best. Use cut bait and you will catch fish!:way:

Blaster said:
This is the best time of year to catch them. Fish the warmest part of the day and find shallow water. Areas that have creeks flowing into a lake is best. Use cut bait and you will catch fish!:way:

Are back waters good spots? How shallow is shallow for cats? Normally I fish them in 15'-30' of water but that's also during the summer.

Are back waters good spots? How shallow is shallow for cats? Normally I fish them in 15'-30' of water but that's also during the summer.

Think warmer water...shallow, mud bottomed bays with as much sun hitting them as possible. I have caught them as shallow as when you set the hook their tail comes out of the water shallow. But 2' - 4' for the most part though is good right now.

Huge key...fish the bank where the wind is blowing into the bank at this time of the year. This stacks both the warmer water and the drifting shad. If you are fishing from shore it is a pain to cast into a stiff wind, yes, but I think 95% of your active fish are going to be on the bank where the wind is blowing into it.

Nice catch Blaster, I wish I could get out there, now is the time to hit the reservoirs!!

Top Bottom