Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ice Out

bushman

I'm supposed to be headed to Ontario for a long weekend of chasing pike May 15-18. I'm trying to figure out what the ice conditions are up there to see if it's going to be possible. I've got a couple emails out to people but does anyone have any ice out condition info for northern MN or southern Ontario? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would think you would be okay but no gurantees. We still have ice on the lakes here but I think it will be out of most of the lakes by this weekend (at least the smaller ones). We'll see. There were people ice fishing on Leech Lake last week, so some of those larger lakes may be a ways away from ice-out.

I'm suppossed to put docks and lifts in in Alex this weekend. The ice on that lake is only 15 feet out. I was on Minnewaska this weekend and it was clear. Not supposed to warm up much in the next few weeks. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for some sun and wind up north.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe one of these days winter will actually end......</div></div>

I haven't posted my turkey hunting experience yet but lets just say 15 inches of snow with 30 mph winds are less than ideal.

Well, the last two days we were making ice instead of losing it.

Saw another person fishing on Leech on the ice on my home from work. All of our smaller lakes now are out.
Just a suggestion but have you thought about calling a chamber of commerce in a nearby city to where your going fishing?

Dean

Top Bottom