Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ideas for camera attractants?

10inBrows

I'm going to be putting cameras out the Fourth of July weekend. I was looking for ideas to attract deer to the cameras. I will be hunting near some of the cameras. Just wondering what others are using?

Cracked corn
solar salt
dried molasses (cattle supplement)
secret ingredient....orange powder Gatorade mix

If your hunting near or over it site and worried about left over leeched into the ground a cattle feeder or over-size animal food dish works. Know guys who have used/build elevated bunk feeders as well. Also know guys who just cover bait site with piece of ply-wood come season as well.

I do corn and mineral. Corn seems to work the best for me, but I end up getting 2,000 pictures of the same doe and her two fawns sometimes.

The granulated red mineral salt you buy at the local feed store. Mix the redid mix cheap grape kool-aid you can get at Walmart. I put a fresh lick out earlier this year with a camera on it. Had deer on it within 30 minutes of me leaving the area.

Corn is $7 for a 50# bag. Worth it's weight in gold for deer attractant. Ask a local farmer to fill your 5gallon bucket up, probably get it cheaper.

Corn is $7 for a 50# bag. Worth it's weight in gold for deer attractant. Ask a local farmer to fill your 5gallon bucket up, probably get it cheaper.

We were buying corn from the feed mill this winter for around $4 a bag. Did it go back up?

Top Bottom