Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

If only the Democrats would............

Pro life.

Did you know that the birth contol pill does not prevent fertilzation of womans released egg. But it does trigger the menstration of that fertilized egg (Life?) before it can develop very far.

If you believe life starts when an egg is fertilized don't use the pill.

God gave people choices.
We should not play god and take those choices away.
War is killing on the premise others choices

$$$
Compared to the rest of the world we are all very wealthy. Billions of people have to work all day just to get barely enough food to feed their family.

We should all be thankfull for what we have.

Our government is alot better than the represive government many people live with. (There is room for improvement though)

There are places in this world were no government exists but I don't think any of us would enjoy living there.

Deer season is 27 days away. We are stewards of this world. I look forward to enjoying the wonder of what is still left of it.

We should all work together to improve what our children will have. If we ingnore that life is not just all take, our children will pay the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Nanny....GREAT RESPONSE!

Big bucks trump any politics any day! </div></div>

09/06/08? Wish my trailcams could see into the future. Then I'd look ahead to Nov. 4 and end this thread! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

DUN..DUN..DUN...DUUUUUUNNNNN.... Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Skins at Giants tonight! season is underway baby!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DUN..DUN..DUN...DUUUUUUNNNNN.... Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Skins at Giants tonight! season is underway baby!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

Hey Nanny, JNR, Skully get your own thread.

We are talking here. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very valid take IMO. Here is a twist that always throws a wrench in things to me however...what if a person is pro life in all the situations you mentioned BUT then you factor in the military and/or self defense. Should we stand idly by and allow ourselves to be overthrown or should we take up arms and defend ourselves and our families? By doing so, we are breaking from the idea that only God has the power to take a life. I am NOT trying to bait you here or be an intentional PIA. I just think it's an interesting paradox and was curious to get your thoughts. </div></div>

That, my friend, has been the conundrum of the ages. Is it OK to kill when someone is trying to kill you? Is it OK to kill for God, King and Country? So the guy in the trench on the other side of no mans land is trying to kill you and you him. You kill each other and meet at St. Peters gate. Who gets into heaven for killing in the name of God and who goes to hell for being a murderer? Just that morning the division Chaplin had absolved you of your sin as had your enemy’s chaplain. Does that make you equals in the eyes of God? Better scholars than we have been discussing this for millennia.

On a less global thought, if somebody is trying to harm my family, myself or my “stuff” I would like to think that I would defend with lethal force if necessary and worry about God later.

I guess I’m not answering your question, probably because I don’t have an answer. Isn’t there a commandment that mentions something about thou shall not kill? Aren’t there plenty of Bible passages extolling the virtues of taking up the sword to smite thine enemy?

I guess you could say that man has been endowed by God with intelligence and the ability to make moral choices; as such He has given us the tacit approval to take life if needed. The crook chose your house to break into, you chose to defend your life and property. The invading country had a choice as your country made a choice to defend itself. The individual soldier made a choice to be there or be a conscientious objector.

Another spin, what do the Trimurti, Allah, Confucius, Buddha and any other deity out there say about the taking of life? The American, or maybe better put, the Anglo Saxon version of God isn’t the only belief structure out there.

Like I said, this is a question that can be debated for ever. It comes down to your belief structure and if you believe in God perhaps you believe he has given you intelligence and an ability to make choices. Lets hope you make intelligent choices.

The ‘Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I guess I’m not answering your question, probably because I don’t have an answer.
</div></div>

I don't have an answer either but that was a very well thought out response! I'd have to say I agreed with every shred of it. Thanks for taking the time to tap that out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so an Innocent unborn child deserves the same rights as a serial killer? or a Killer deserves the same rights as an unborn baby???

sorry, cant wrap my heart and mind around that one. </div></div>

Couldn't agree more THA4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can not a serial killer be forgiven?
</div></div>

I take it your talking about God forgiving???

Yep. Up until the trigger is pulled, lever is dropped, or injection administered. Because after that the serial killer wont have the chance to ask God for forgiveness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Nanny....GREAT RESPONSE!

Big bucks trump any politics any day! </div></div>

09/06/08? Wish my trailcams could see into the future. Then I'd look ahead to Nov. 4 and end this thread! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

I just wish I could figure out how to set the date on that freakin cuddeback. I figured out how to, but everytime I check it, I forget to reset the date.

Oil prices are run by pure speculation anyways, if we start drilling off shore and in other parts of the country it will make an impact. And if it didnt make an impact for the next ten years I still plan on driving for many years to come.

While this discussion has been very entertaining for me to read, the 50 degree air blowing on the back of my neck from my open window has me dreaming of this.....not politics.

headstone.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That buck almost looks MYTHICAL... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That buck almost looks MYTHICAL... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Ahhhh, stupid me. Now I remember. Didn't you doctor that one up Limb?

Should've known...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beau44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to get anyone upset but maybe people should look at Palin's past a little closer before deciding that she is what we need. There is a lot more at stake besides abortion and gun rights in this up coming election. Would like to hear what some of you think about what this link has to say about Sarah Palin?

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/09/04/a-letter-about-sarah-palin-from-anne-kilkenny/ </div></div>

That account from Suzie Homemaker with a grudge will not change minds. I love this one... "She has bitten the hand of every person who extended theirs to her in help". That personal account is seething with objectivity. Have you ever been associated with one of those people who attends every city council meeting to be a dissenter? I have seen this type of thing having worked for multiple city goverments. I've found that every city has at least one individual like this. They are anti everything about the council and the mayor. They question where every single dollar is spent. If there's 99% public approval, they are the 1 % against. They don't trust government at any level and are paranoid at the idea of power however insignificant it may be. They act as a continual thorn in the side through good ideas and bad, doesn't matter. They typically have attention issues and not much of a life outside of council meetings because they are socially withdrawn with few friends. After reading this, it fits the mold to perfection. I put little to zero stock in this homespun account. Just my opinion.

bsflag.gif

Top Bottom