Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

If you could relocate,

...interesting post as I have just moved from Iowa to Nebraska...sure, NE doesn't have the big white-tails IA does but I am looking forward to the diversity that can be found here - and not just in big game...oh, I am sure I will be back to hunt IA but I am looking forward to the opportunities this state has to offer...

Loess Hills....Harrison County or Monona County Iowa.....the terrain is very diversified. Lot's of hills, springs, oaks, cedars, etc. Very good soils and monster deer. Very hard to hunt but the potential for killing mature monsters can't get any better!

I would move right back to where I grew up, Monona County. I agree with Cory that it doesn't get any better than the Loess Hills. My family homesteaded there many moons ago, and still own a lot of land in them there hills. It isn't any harder to hunt than what I am hunting here in Eastern KS, but it is alot more beautiful!

It's funny this thread came up. I'm headed to WY next week for a job interview. The wife and I have always enjoyed the West, and now it looks like it just might happen!
cool.gif

I've had the luck to score jobs in a few different states and take some vacations to several others. Sure isn't much that beats the feeling of knowing where HOME is. I'm a hawkeye born and raised.

If I had the ability to choose where I could live, I'd be the sole owner of the Neil Smith Wildlife refuge.

More realistic, I know of a place or two south of Indianola that appeal to me...and like was said above, can't really go wrong with ENE IA.

Right where I am at. 40 Min. to IA and MN for some fun deer hunting and trout streams, I have them right here in my back yard, no need to go to Iowa to catch trout, WI has some darn good streams that hold some pretty big fish too. Not to mention some pretty good hunting if you can avoid the ammish.

Nowhere. I've been away for awhile but after enjoying 5 days with close friends sitting in a little cabin surrounded by pines, spending the day on the water catching pike, walleye, rainbows, watching the northern lights at night, listening to the sounds of the loons, seeing, moose, deer, and bear on the whopping 50 mile drive back to my house, I feel as though I'm a lucky man. Peace, quiet, nice landscapes and the odd big whitetail......I'm staying put.
grin.gif

i would deffinately have to say iowa but my second choice would be montana.

Probably somewhere out west in the mountains. Just something different about being in the mountains.

We're leaving for Colorado Thursday morning, can't wait!
smile.gif

just drove up through SE Iowa and NE Missouri, that's my opinion of god's country. Corn fields on hill tops, tons of thick hardwood fingers coming up from the bottoms. You can sign me up for that. Or NE Iowa beautiful up there.

I got plenty of land to hunt right here in eastern allamakee co. big bucks, farming, small towns, good neighbors... i wont be going any where anytime soon

Lived in Iowa and bowhunted there for over 30 years. Took me three years to draw an Iowa tag this time... that sucks.

I am in the fishing business so it made sense to me to move here to northern minnesota where I have 200 good fishing lakes with a half-hour of my house. I have bear baits out within a mile of my house and it really is a great place to live. It would be hard to find a better place to live during the summer, the climate here is soooo much better than the heat and humidity of Iowa, but come November, there is no place I would rather be. Plus, the people of Iowa are so much more friendly and personable. That's one thing I will never get used to about Minnesota, the people in general are so rude compared to what I am used to. I tell my wife that retirement is going to find us living on the southern edges of Iowa in the Winter and here during the summer. That's my dream and I'm sticking to it.

Northern Idaho has it all IMO...I would be there already accept I can't get the "farmer" out of me...
blush.gif
grin.gif

I guess I am where I want to be. Allamakee county seems to be the place where I have it all. If I really had to go somewhere, I would want to go up in Sask, Canada.

I have found paradise here in Steamboat. Awesome weather, no humidity, 300 plus days of sun a year, extremely friendly people, a very robust economy, magnificient views in all directions, the largest elk herd in NA, tons of mule deer, bears, antelope, world class fishing and other wildlife is abundant. Now to patiently wait for my 6 months of residency to drop my elk tag from $500 to $50. I will never live east of CO again.

Top Bottom