Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

If you hunt out of state, act now. Urgent

I Have not been on this site long but from what I have read about you BC it should be BS.People like you are just in hunting to exploit it for cash.Real hunters do it for the love of the sport.Every state uses the money they make off of nr tags to improve their programs in that given state.But add into the mix greedy people like you and then you get folks that look to exploit that state and use it's resources for your own financial gain and to me that is twisted.
I hunt because I love too not because I am getting paid too.I want my children to learn that it is a sport that has been handed down through generations from fathers and mothers to their children and not created as a financial game.Huntimg is a heritage not a financial institution.Like I said BS not BC.
States are always gonna allow NRs to hunt but keepin greedy A@@ people like you out is a awesome idea.

applause.gif
beerchug.gif

This is probably a form letter but it my response from Senator Reid

March 22, 2005

Mr. Perry R. Sievert
PO Box 120
Calmar, Iowa 52132-0120

Dear Mr. Sievert:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the rights of
Nevada sportsmen. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you know, I recently introduced legislation (S. 339) to
reaffirm each state's right to regulate hunting and fishing. This is a
Nevada issue, but it also a national issue, as a recent federal circuit
court ruling undermines traditional hunting and fishing laws. In
Conservation Force v. Dennis Manning, the Ninth Circuit Court of
Appeals ruled that state laws that distinguish between state
residents and non-residents in allocating hunting tags and licenses
are constitutionally suspect. I respect the authority of states to
enact laws to protect their legitimate interests in conserving fish
and game, as well as providing opportunities for in-state and out-
of-state residents to hunt and fish.

In our state, conservation groups such as Nevada Bighorns
Unlimited and the Fraternity of the Desert Bighorn include
dedicated sportsmen who spend countless hours and much of their
own money building "guzzlers" in the desert to provide reliable
water for bighorn sheep and other wildlife. These efforts are
critical to the protection of Nevada's rich natural heritage, and I
believe that Nevada sportsmen should be able to enjoy the hunting
and fishing opportunities that they help make possible through
their hard work.

This legislation is very important. The out-of-state hunters
who brought the suit in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals are now
threatening to get a restraining order from federal court to delay
the opening of the big game seasons in Nevada this year. My
legislation will help ensure that Nevada sportsmen continue to
enjoy the sporting opportunities that our state offers. This issue is
of profound importance to Nevada sportsmen, and I am strongly
committed to working with my colleagues to pass this bill as
quickly as possible.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,
HARRY REID
United States Senator

Mr. 180bc,

I hesitate on the "Mr." portion of my greeting as it may be much too formal for someone like yourself. I find it sad and unfortunate that not only do I, and others, pick up on what you're truly getting at in your posts but also that that people like yourself have sunk to such levels. What ever happened to people enjoying hunting for what it really is? Anymore, there are too many greedy $&@!% out there getting wrapped up into it for nothing but the all-mighty dollar and someday that's going to make it hard for the average guy, gal, whoever, to enjoy hunting. I, for one, don't want to have to tell my kids about the "good 'ol days" when hunting so enjoyable because there weren't so many greedy people out there. Perhaps you should think back to when you started hunting and think about how it made you feel and the beauty and enjoyment that goes along with the simplicity of setting foot outdoors. Oh, and by the way, if it ever comes down to only being able to hunt in Iowa as a resident ... there are a hell of a lot worse places to be!!!
-Longspurs-

Senator Reid, "I respect the authority of states to
enact laws to protect their legitimate interests in conserving fish
and game, as well as providing opportunities for in-state and out-
of-state residents to hunt and fish.

But....

I believe that Nevada sportsmen should be able to enjoy the hunting
and fishing opportunities that they help make possible through
their hard work."

Basically, the Bighorns belong to us and it will be a cold day in hell before we let you NR's hunt them. I agree with you guys that states won't shut NR's out for most game species in their state. But the Bighorn and a few other species that aren't as common will become off limits to NR's. Senator Reid is worried that someone other than the people of Nevada are going to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Thank God groups like the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and Ducks Unlimited don't share this selfish attitude. The millions of acres of federal land in the west belongs to all Americans and so should the game on these lands.

I don't see how you can support this bill if you ever dream of hunting out of state.

Tim

180, aint you the same guy that was pushing for guaranteed NR tags to increase your hunting property sales awhile back in here?This legislation has come about because of leeches like you and USO outfitters trying to make a buck off this sport.I sincerely hope this legislation passes, it will just make it that much more difficult for guys like you to rob the states of thier rights in order to turn a profit.Your entire post was very misleading, this isnt going to have any affect on us going out of state to hunt, but it will allow us to continue to manage things as we see fit instead of managing it as a businuess which is how you would like to see it managed.

The state foots the bill for most of the cost of wildlife management.The resident hunters foot the bill for most of the states game agencies.All this means to people like you is it cuts into your profit margin.What your suggesting takes the conservation of the animals clear out of the picture and puts the focus on the money aspect of it.Thats no way to manage wildlife IMO.

Lynch mob mentality?Aren't you one to call a kettle black 180.If you and your friends like USO had your way you woulsd be the judge,jury and hangman for the population of any species in a given state that is huntable and then leave.You are a chump.You sit there and try to word a statement that a 1st grader could figure out.I also see you got found out over on Iowadeer too you moron.Or is it less on.
Any REAL hunter is not gonna swallow let alone digest a word of what you have to say.When are you going to realize that the folks on this site as well as others in the state of Iowa as well as other states don't want idiots like you ruining a heritage that was passed down from parents to their children for generations and not bought.
Save your drama because you would suck as an actor.Take it some place else.
I am proud to be a member of IowaWhitetail And I would be more than proud to keep moron,Ooh sorry less ons,like you out of this state for good.
Sorry guys but I am tired of his B.S.I had to let off the steam.
cussing.gif

Top Bottom