Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Illinois Sate Record Non-Typ

It's a crossbow buck. He shot it in 2001 I believe. A friend of mine had his father send me the article on the buck. The guy was worried about the hype it would cause so he hid it from everyone. Story is he missed a doe and that brute walked up a few seconds later. He shot him and the buck stood there for a few seconds and dropped.

I just happened to run into the guy that shot the buck and talked to him briefly at the awards ceremony Sunday evening at the Illinois Classic. We didn't talk alot but he did say he got it with a crossbow. Very impressive buck!

Old Buck

The buck was shot in `01 by Jerry Bryant with a crossbow. The buck has been officially measured by a panel of measurers at 291 1/8 and is B&C's new #4 NT of all time (this score has to be verified at the next B&C convention in 2004).

I also heard that this guy was going through a divorce at the time he shot this buck and kept it a secret till now - not for sure, thats just somethin I heard.

Ya my buddy scored racks at the Illinois Classic and saw it there. Very impressive. He's always amazed at the number of huge racks there compared to our show here in Indiana, where he also scores for the INDHA record book.

Top Bottom