Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

illuminated nocks

Nontypcl1

I know there was a thread on this awhile back but I thought I'd try and get some more opinions. I've been lookin at the lummenocks and tracers but unsure on which is better or the pros and cons of each. Anyone got an opinion on one of these or another and why? Thanks

tracers are much more reliable. I tried the lumenock and had terrible results, they were very inconsistant. I like the magnet concept of the tracer. Good Luck

Tracers for sure!:way: Just remember to practice with the weighted nocks prior to season. Cost me last year.

I second the tracers, one thing to keep in mind. I have a G5 expert II rest on my bow, I put the magnet on rizer of my bow and it was strong enough to pull the arrow (field point) up the right side of the rest. It took me a while to figure this out and I moved the magnet back on the actual rest, farther away from the point.

Another vote for the tracers here. Used them for the first time last year and really liked them. You can really see the impact of your arrow with them even in daylight.

I love the lumenocks. I have used them for the last 2 years and never had a problem with them. I have never tried anything else to compare.

sounds like the tracers are the ticket. I'll have to check em out. Just one question about the magnet, where do u attach and how large is it?

never mind. I did a quick search for the install instructions. Looks like I'll be picking up some tracers.

Thanks for the info:way:

I'll admit things do get a little interesting with the Octane quiver from time to time, but as long as I remember its a big magnet. I dont have issues. works great for turning them off.:grin: (and on):grin:

I've got firenocks on my Xgun arrows. Very bright, inertia on inertia off. Not sure how the nocks fit on standard arrows but the nocks for the Xgun arrows come with O rings of different diameters so I had to figure out which O rings to use on the nock and the battery. Again, on mine I had to put the batteries on the nocks and getting the wire to wrap around the battery was tricky. I got my Xgun ready last week and only two of three nocks worked. I'm not sure if it was the battery or the way I was trying to put it together. Last year when I shot my deer the red glow was visible for well over 100 yards and would have been visible farther away but that is all the farther it ran.

A 'Bonker story, I bought three firenocks last fall. I could only get the old knocks out of two arrows. The original nocks are glued into the shafts. The original nocks have a small square hole that will fit a square head screw driver. I only stripped the whole. Then I used pliers to try and twist them off. That just left marks on the shafts. I did get the two out with the pliers though. So I only had two nocks last year. This year I wanted all three nocks. I figured they were held in with heat sensetive glue. I got the heat gun out and let it eat. I grapped hold of the nock with my pliers. I gave a squeeze and a twist and the nock just kinda smooshed down and curled around. I had gotten it so hot that it melted the top of the nock but the glue still held it in place. I just kept twisten till I broke it off. Then I found a thin piece of long wire that I poked through the head end and eventualy beat the nock out from the bottom. So I put the left over nock in and I couldn't make it work. All that crap for nuthin. I just had the battery layin around in a box of other stuff so I figure it grounded against something and lost all its power.

Bottom line for me I still like firenocks better than the ones I tried before. They were inertia on and twist the nock for off. Those would sometime light up in the quiver and not on the shot. Also the firenocks are much brighter than the other ones I tried.

Your results may vary.

The 'Bonker

LOL at the story Bonker. :D

I got a chance to try the tracers a few days ago and I like them. Only things of concern is to shoot them and adjust pins as DOR mentioned. It does make a difference. I figured it wouldn't be much but it's enough I definitely needed to account for it even drawing near 70#. Also, the magnet that attaches to the bow was a little tricky for me. I had a tough time finding a good spot to put it on my 82nd that maintained the recommended 1" distance from the shaft but that also allowed clearance for Blazer vanes. I had to move it a couple times after noticing vane contact but finally found a spot that worked. I think I'm going to ditch the velcro deal and just use a single drop of Gorilla glue for a permanent setup. Plus that'll give me more vane clearance because the velcro makes it sit higher than necessary.

I have 3 of the Lightning Nocks. The cheaper version made by Firenock. They use magnets to work and i don't like them that much. The batteries only last a little longer than a year. Buying them every year gets expensive. The magnets don't light them every time and i have noticed that bright light or a camera flash will turn them on.

Out of the 3 that had the batteries replaced last November, one is almost dead, and another one will turn on and not off. Do yourself a favor and don't get the cheaper Lightning Nocks.

I refuse to use lighted nocks as their use prevents me from entering my bucks into the P&Y book.

:D Yeah, right, I'm just too cheap is more like it!

Tracers for sure!:way: Just remember to practice with the weighted nocks prior to season. Cost me last year.

Second this one....I'm in the club too! Out past 30yds they can really drop fast compared to your typical nock. Cost me a big big 8.

I hit a doe with a lumenok opening night. She took off running with it stuck in her side and it was lit up perfectly. She ran about 40 yards and went into some corn where I heard her drop. I came back about an hour later to retrieve her and could not find my arrow. I found it a couple of days later about 20 yards from where she dropped and the lumenok was dead. Somehow it must have loosen up enough when it fell out of her to not glow enough for me to see it that night but stayed on enough to drain the battery.

I just switched to the tracers.

Top Bottom