Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I'm Excited!!! :)

Congrats Jay! That is a great picture! Very worthy of the prize! Keep your pics coming...they are great

X2! :way: :way:

And add me to the group that did not recognize what type of bird you featured in the photo! :D

But seriously, I am seeing a few more pheasants on my farm over the past 1-2 years. I believe I am helped by corn fields that are now adjacent to my property that were for years just pasture ground AND the continued morphing of my CRP to something other than a pure stand of brome. In other words, the habitat continues to improve.

Now if we can get a dry spring or two I really feel like we could pop the numbers back up nicely, at least in my little neck of the woods. On the downside though...I see more and more fencerows being removed AND in some places virtually ALL of the waterways in fields are being tiled up and the ankle high grass that will remain will not support many birds. So in a macro sense, "our" habitat continues to disappear unfortunately.

Funny how a Pheasant just hung himself like that.. It must be really bad out there.

Very cool picture and congrats on the win. I'm also sure you have many other photo's that would have won that contest.

Last Rooster I seen was a roadkill one on I-80 just north of Des Moines last week. Prior to that one it had to be over 2 years ago..

Great photo, Jay! I think I remember you posting that one on here when you first took it, or at least one similar. There's no doubt as to why you won with that shot.

-Longspurs-

Funny how a Pheasant just hung himself like that.. It must be really bad out there.

Very cool picture and congrats on the win. I'm also sure you have many other photo's that would have won that contest.

Last Rooster I seen was a roadkill one on I-80 just north of Des Moines last week. Prior to that one it had to be over 2 years ago..

I saw a rooster on the way to work today. I was shocked!

Nice photo, Jay!

Top Bottom