Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I'm Home

KansasHeadHunter

Letting you guys know I'm home from the hospital.After rods,screws,kitchen sink,ect.I'm the new bionic man.My back surgery went good.My surgery was on the 6th and I was able to walk with a walker on the 9th.I've never been through so much pain in my life!Not to mention the freaking cathedur(I know I spelled that wrong) I woke with.You know,The hose that is incerted into the most important part of a mans body.I'm in a brace that I have to wear for 3 months.Spinal fusion gives you a whole new perspective of lower back pain.Anyway,I upright now and walking on my own,very carefully.I checked,I can draw my bow.I'm getting better every day.If the Warden will allow it i'm gonna try and hunt soon.I think I could hunt from a blind right now with plenty on the right medication but the Warden said "Don't even think about it you idiot"!What the H E double hockey sticks does she know, she ain't no doctor?
Last night I put my foot down(real gently).I told her "By god I'm going hunting one way or the another wheather you like it or not if you let me".

Feels good to be back guys.I just cant believe I spent the first 30 min. back here reading the thread about that mystery Des Moins city buck.Man that 5th grader need to take his rettlin.

Real quick,Was there a monster(possible NT world record) killed in N. Missouri within the last couple weeks? I'm hearing around 338". Just wondering,I know how the BS flys.

Pat

Pat,
Take it slow and easy my friend don't rush it.
I had back surgery about 10 years ago to free up my sciatic nerve. That first night after the surgery was the worst (I feel your pain).
I am having trouble with it again and I will be getting an MRI here in a couple of weeks. I had to quit running but still can get my tree stands up. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Hope I don't have to go back in.
Hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

As far as the Des Moines Buck some boy is just having fun with everyone and it is working.

Glad to hear your ok!!!

As far as hunting, I would try explaining it as "as long as I am just sitting here, I could be just sitting there!!" I sure someone can help with the dragging and gutting process!!!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Welcome back! You came back at a good time with the new world record here in Des Moines. Hope you can get out soon but take it easy and don't over do it.

Ummmmm, not to sound like the Grinch who stole your hunting time, but lets say you went to sit in a blind this year and screwed up your back so that you have many more months of recovery and possibly permanate damage. Not really fair to the "warden" to have to put up with that. The freakin deer will be there next year.

I know you need to reassert your independence and make yourself feel as if you are once again in control, but find some other, less potentially harmful to your back, way to express it.

Take care.

The 'Bonker

Going hunting is 1 thing. But what if you actually shoot 1. Then what are you going to do.

Heal up and take it slow.

Dean

hoofline.gif

Glad to hear all went well. I hope you have a speedy recovery. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummmmm, not to sound like the Grinch who stole your hunting time, but lets say you went to sit in a blind this year and screwed up your back so that you have many more months of recovery and possibly permanate damage. Not really fair to the "warden" to have to put up with that. The freakin deer will be there next year.

I know you need to reassert your independence and make yourself feel as if you are once again in control, but find some other, less potentially harmful to your back, way to express it.

Take care.

The 'Bonker </div></div>

Hey Bonker, Today the Warden and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary.I couldn't never in a dozen lifetimes find anyone who could compare.That woman is more comforting and caring than any doctor could ever be.I was being just a tad bit sarcastic in my post.I figured you of all people would see that.She knows whats best for me more than I do.The doctor told us both that this surgery was the last straw.For 3 months,Wear the brace,take it extremely easy or possibly spend the rest of you're life in a wheel chair.

As of reasserting independence and make myself feel as if i'm once again in control.I wish! When I walk in the door after work my coats not the only thing I hang up when I get home /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Again, It's good to be back!

Take the advice from the Eagles "Take it Easy". Besides, your target buck... think of him next year!

Top Bottom