Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

im lost...

ia_buck

im out late muzzle and im hunting public in northwest iowa with standing corn, and i dont see any deer.. i was wonder anyone else not seen any deer... i have been hunting morning and nights and nothing..

What county? I HUNT PUBLIC IN OBRIEN COUNTY AND THEY SHOT 264 DEER FROM THERE SO NOT ONLY ARE THERE LESS DEER, BUT NO DOUBT GUN SHY.

i hunt in obrien over by sutherland were do u hunt i talk to some guys and they didnt see anything in both gun seasons

I hunt the same area also.They are shooting waaaaay too many does over the last 5 years in that particular area.I talked to the game warden and he also is bowhunting in the same area and is going to suggest lower numbers of depredation tags for the coming years.

I wend up there 2nd season shotgun with the family. We hunting some private over by sutherland. The numbers were alot lower than years prior and i talk to the land owner of the ground i used to bow hunt (also O Brien) he had said that they havnt been seeing hardly any deer good luck to you guys. We were seeing deer in some CRP around some public good luck to ya.

well i found out were they are lol... there traveling at night and not in the day lol ..6 am i was drive to the place i hunt and about hit a big 10 and a bunch of deer, a mile or less from my stand ..lol go figure.. the reason i was out so early is i wanted to get to the stand way before sunlight just to see what was going on... and of course i get out there and i saw one big doe.... and she went in the crp grass right before legal shotting hours...

Last edited:
Seems like deer prefer a harvested field to standing corn until snow makes it hard for them to find the waste grain. Hopefully you'll get some white stuff on the ground before the season is over and maybe the deer will pour into your public spot.

ranger they been pushed for 2 shotgun seasons , so i dont blame them to feed at night lol just hope the calm down soon.. yes madison we need snow and cold weather soon.. sounds like next sunday we might get snow... it wont be enough i bet...

I used to spend every weekend at my aunts house in Primghar when I was a kid.I can't say I even remember there being a tree in O brien county for a deer to hide behind but I do remember there were a few pheasants up there

this yr there are hardly any pheasants anywere lol .... last i think between primghar and paullina on highway 59 a big deer was hit by a simi i think it scored 200+ i could be wrong on the score.. they have a full mount at the heritage center by sutherland

Top Bottom