Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Imox around fruit trees

I know this has been asked before but I’m looking for updated info on anyone’s experience using imox around apple and pear. I’m going to test a tank mix of cleth basagran and imox with ams but no crop oil sprayed over top of apple and pear rootstock and will post my findings

I’ve never done it. I use Liberty for a post emergent around fruit trees. Far less dangerous with suckers off trees vs Gly. Holler how it goes.

I’ve never done it. I use Liberty for a post emergent around fruit trees. Far less dangerous with suckers off trees vs Gly. Holler how it goes.
Have you ever sprayed it around newly planted young trees? I’m experimenting with about ten new varieties of Asian pear this year. Do you have any experience with growing those in Iowa? Congrats to you and your brother on that hammer he killed. I’m sure you had a major hand in it and I can only imagine the satisfaction a deer like that brings!

I’ve grown Asian pears here successfully. They are fussier in my experience. I am sure you can get them to grow just fine. I do spray around new trees. With some mulch I have to spray a lot less though.

Good ? Liberty is usually around 32-45-ish oz per acre. In reality I probably run it way too hot…. I probably put 2-3 oz in. I put in too much. It’s simply a waste of $ to put in too much but I know it’s gonna roast any weeds.

Top Bottom