Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IN Buck Mount

jkratz5

Well, I got my buck from IN this year back this weekend. Chad Johnson, Brookview Taxidermy did the work and he did an awesome job. Also put a tape to him, 158 3/8 gross. Not to shabby for my first IN buck.

Kratz

4143-img_00571600x1200.jpg

How much was your Indiana Tag?

I live here so they are real cheap. For now it will cost a non-resident $150 for the tag and a reciprical fee on any license purchase ($120 for Iowa residents for license and stamps I believe). We don't have any deer over here though ;)

I have heard rumors that the above may change to a full reciprical system due to the high NR tags in other states. May just be rumor but that has been flying around here.

Kratz

My point being...and I don't want to start something crazy. Would you hunt Indiana if the Non-Resident tag was $ 500.00 dollars and had to wait 3 years even though you are hunting your dads farm? I think most likely not. Everyone here talks about applying for a tag out of state....mostly...and I should say always.....about the Elk tag or maybe the sheep or antelope tag that they have to pay so much money for and wait years to get. I'm a little sour on the fact that folks here let the rich hunt for free and throw the every day joe under the bus. Your party hunting rules.......I know they are sacred......let just about anyone come into your state and kill as many giant bucks as the party holds tags. I can't believe that you folks are that blinded. I.E. the fact that "T-Bone" and his buddy somehow got Governors Tags makes me sick. These tags should be for injured soldiers or sold off at auctions to generate money to buy land for the DNR. All said. I'm happy to wait my 3 years to hunt there and hope you will fight to keep the great state of Iowa open to a least the common man. And yes my Family owns 500 acres. see you then..........

Last edited:
Not sure what your point is here. Plain and Simple, I wouldn't pay $500 for a tag to hunt a whitetail anywhere. I hunted IA for 8 years, have hunted IL for the last 18, and now IN for 2 and I will say that without a doubt that I haven't seen a huge difference.

Most of the ground that I hunted in IA had more deer then our farm in IL or the places I hunt in IN, but the quality of the deer wasn't much different. So if you want to come and hunt IN, pay your $200 and get an over the counter tag and you will have a good hunt.

I have always done my homework on deer hunting and believe that in the Midwest if you can acquire decent tracks of ground and hunt smart you can get on large whitetails.

Kratz

My point being...and I don't want to start something crazy. Would you hunt Indiana if the Non-Resident tag was $ 500.00 dollars and had to wait 3 years even though you are hunting your dads farm? I think most likely not. Everyone here talks about applying for a tag out of state....mostly...and I should say always.....about the Elk tag or maybe the sheep or antelope tag that they have to pay so much money for and wait years to get. I'm a little sour on the fact that folks here let the rich hunt for free and throw the every day joe under the bus. Your party hunting rules.......I know they are sacred......let just about anyone come into your state and kill as many giant bucks as the party holds tags. I can't believe that you folks are that blinded. I.E. the fact that "T-Bone" and his buddy somehow got Governors Tags makes me sick. These tags should be for injured soldiers or sold off at auctions to generate money to buy land for the DNR. All said. I'm happy to wait my 3 years to hunt there and hope you will fight to keep the great state of Iowa open to a least the common man. And yes my Family owns 500 acres. see you then..........

Top Bottom