Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

In Search Of A Youth Bow

Antler king

I'm looking to get a bow for my 13 yr old son for Christmas this year. I was looking at either the Diamond Edge and the Bear Apprentice because of the adjustability in both draw lengths and poundage. He is short but strong lol.... My daughter has the Apprentice in pink camo and shoots it well. I will have no problem upgrading in a few years to something better for hunting once he's able to pull 40+ lbs back. Looking for some opinions and possibly if anyone has a bow they would be interested in selling.
Thanks.

I would go with the infinite edge over the apprentice because the edge has a longer ATA allowing him to grow into it more, and it goes 5-70lbs and 13-30" DL which will allow him to shoot it for much longer and it won't feel like a toy when he gets a little bigger. Great bows for growing hunters!

Just throwing out the mission line. When my wife wanted to start shooting a bow the mission "menace" at that time was a great bow for her to get started with.
Great adjustability and would grow with any child. We have since switched brands and she is on her 3rd bow but I can't say one bad thing about the mission line of bows

I also strongly advocate for the mission line. Fantastic bows. My wife shoots a mission craze and I shoot the mission Blaze. There are a couple of mission craze bows for sale on Craigslist. Also, some shops have discounted last year's models new.

My nephew is 14 and shoots my old bear lights out. Bear has some great bows as well as Martin. I shoot the Martin exile. Martin has a lot to offer in a great price range. Fully adjustable from 45-70 lbs. 24-31 draw I believe.

For what it's worth, the Hoyt Ignite is a great bow. Brand new package bow is about $500 I want to say and is adjustable from 17-30" draw length and 18-70 lbs draw weight if I remember correctly. I bought my one in early 2014 and he killed his first deer with it this year. He actually grew a bunch and I am thinking about upgrading him. Shoot me a P.M. I may be looking to sell his setup.

Top Bottom