Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

indian artifact ?

dblmainbeam

I found this rock out in a field not far from an area I find a lot of arrowheads. It seems way out of place. How long could something buried in the ground keep paint on it? Maybe its nothing but is sure seems strange to find this out in the middle of nowhere. I spotted a little read dot in the dirt while i was doing some tile repair and got the shovel out and dug it up.
P5030105.JPG
P5030100.JPG

As a serious artifact hunter I am going to cast my vote for: 2nd grade art project, scooped and pooped out of a spreader.
Pretty odd to find it in the middle of nowhere, though!

Definitely not an indian artifact, they never drank light beer. As for the rocks, you never know.

I think it is a balast rock from an ancient ship that sank in that field when it was an ocean. Either that or a UFO dropped it.

Ever see the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy"? A bush pilot in Africa throws a Coca Cola botle out of his window at altitude. A bushman finds it, takes it back to the tribe. The tribe suffers a series of misfortunes so the Chifes blame it on the coke bottle. The guy that fopund it is then tasked with throwing the bottle into the ocean that is half a contenent away. So maybe a UFO did drop it. Better go throw it in the ocean.

The 'Bonker

Did there used to be a house around the area? Looks like something a little kid painted when maybe a dog or cat died. They buried the animal then used that as the "tombstone". The way its colored makes me think that but im just guessing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowa1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely not an indian artifact, they never drank light beer. As for the rocks, you never know. </div></div>

Hehe.. They like busch light or at least I think that my Great great gramma liked it. Just so everyone knows Its the same rock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aim-n-High</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did there used to be a house around the area? Looks like something a little kid painted when maybe a dog or cat died. They buried the animal then used that as the "tombstone". The way its colored makes me think that but im just guessing.</div></div>

Ive asked some old timers if there was ever a house and the closest one I know of is a 1/4 mile away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it is a balast rock from an ancient ship that sank in that field when it was an ocean. Either that or a UFO dropped it.

Ever see the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy"? A bush pilot in Africa throws a Coca Cola botle out of his window at altitude. A bushman finds it, takes it back to the tribe. The tribe suffers a series of misfortunes so the Chifes blame it on the coke bottle. The guy that fopund it is then tasked with throwing the bottle into the ocean that is half a contenent away. So maybe a UFO did drop it. Better go throw it in the ocean.

The 'Bonker
</div></div>

That kills me I thought I was the only one to ever watch that. Didn't the bottle hit him in the head on the the way down? I have to admit for being the strangest show ever I laughed my ass off.

Top Bottom