Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Indian artifacts:

loneranger

Here are some arrow heads i found in my creek this spring. Big rains are good for this I think.

right click your photo, click on properties, copy image location and the paste it to the image box above the typing area(third fom the left).
Indian_artifacts1.jpg

hoofline.gif

Nice points. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I need to take photos of some of mine, I have been collecting them for years.

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>> Details Here!<<<<<

Nice finds!!

i have always been intrigued by artifacts, but dont have the patience to go look.....

pretty cool stuff, id like to see pix of anybodies collection if you guys could take some pix!!!

Nice finds... but, just curious as to why you opened up a new post 10 hrs later with the same exact title as mine???

Yes, all were found along about 200 yrds of a creek. My neighbor,,who has an impressive collection, says the little ones were for birds. The large one he says is a spear tip, for fighting or protection. The half, I found a couple foot from the whole point. Was sad it was broke. I just like to wonder about what the person was like who held them. What was he doing? What tribe was he,,or her,, with. Wish you could go back in a time machine. Fun to imagine anyway. All the points were along a heavily used game travel corridor. Wonder if someone was hunting deer there? I hunt there too.

Just thot former post was geting down on the list. Wanted to bring subject up again. Had trouble getting pic on a reply.So tried new post. Sorry did not want to overide ya, or anything like that. Just excited about what I found. Usually find nothing. Think big rains helped this yr.

Those 2 artifacts on the right are from the Woodland period. The other ones are probably also woodland. Definitly some good finds.

No im nothing close to an expert. Ive just been around them since i was 8 or 9 and im getting pretty familiar with whats what. Ive talked to quite a few archaeologist also and they have told me a thing or two.

Ive also hunted with this guy and if you want to know something about artifacts then all you gotta do is ask him! Hes one smart feller. Not married and very happy. Cant beat that. Check this out. http://showcase.netins.net/web/villages/bentonsport/sanders.html

All the woodwork is created by him.He cuts down trees and puts them through his little mill outside his house. It's AWESOME. He also collects deer sheds and he has alot of them. If any of you ever need a one of a kind plaque to put your deer mount on or something, hes the guy to talk to!

Here's some of the pieces ive found in the last 2 months. The top 4 are creek finds and the bottom 2 rows i went out fishing and it was too windy so i decided to hit this field that just got plowed up for the first time. Its the most birdpoints ive found in one hunt. Most before that was 3. That was a FUN day!

One of these days ill have to put my collection together and take a picture. My best peices are in a safety deposit box. I had a case stolen from me before and it makes me sick every time i think about it.

arrowheads.jpg

[quote/]"Never having time for marriage, he states with a twinkle in his eye, "Seems like every time I'd get interested in a lady, it would be fall and I'd take off hunting. Come spring she'd be gone."[quote/]

Ha,ha. I like this guy already. I'd love to see that museum some day, very cool! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif Those are some beautiful pieces there "Aimin high"!

Great finds AnH! I found a few as a kid growing up in the QC's. Any central Iowa people finding these?

Great finds AnH! I found a few as a kid growing up in the QC's. Any central Iowa people finding these?

Top Bottom