Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Indianola Locker

BugleMIn

I have an opening day doe ready for processing. I have used the Indianola Locker in the past. The salamis and sticks are great but their prices are high. I know Indianola shipped the meat to another locker to be processed. Anybody know where they ship it to?

I have heard it might be LaPorte City (Kramers?) or in Prescott, IA. Anyone know for sure?

It is not uncommon for me to spend $3-400 on salami and what not. Any savings would help.

Thanks

Milo locker

The local guy I hunt with in Iowa takes his deer to Milo. He says they are very good.

Holy cow, I guess Milo it is,

I use to go there and the meat came back packaged exactly the same as Indy so I just went there and saved a few miles. That was several years ago. They may have switched owners since.

UPDATE: They don't give you your deer back unless you keep it in big batches of the same product. So if you are very careful and keep hair and other contaminants from getting into it, it might be for naught as the next guy may bring his in full of hair. Not sure how big of a deal this is during early archery. I know several shotgunners who i would not want to mix mine with.

Last edited:
I have had very good experiences with the Milo locker up till last year when I took my girlfriends deer in there and told them what I wanted, waited the usual 3 weeks and didnt recieve a call about the deer being done, so I gave them a call around 5 weeks later and they said that they had no record of her deer. So I assume it just got donated. Oh well..

I have had very good experiences with the Milo locker up till last year when I took my girlfriends deer in there and told them what I wanted, waited the usual 3 weeks and didnt recieve a call about the deer being done, so I gave them a call around 5 weeks later and they said that they had no record of her deer. So I assume it just got donated. Oh well..

That would suck. I dropped 30 pounds off yesterday, they gave me a receipt, I didn't give any down payment. Three weeks. We'll see. I will need more than what I have coming. I like to give it to the landowners and relatives.

I had good luck with Milo last year. Only down fall to them was I had them make some deer sticks and they were not as good as they have before from there. Also Indianola locker I was told does send there meat to La Porte and you pay extra for that.

When I'm not in the mood or too pressed for time to process one myself I've used State Center Locker and been happy with the product.

Top Bottom